are you there God, it's me Carrie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it really is nice to see how everyone is doing well-please help me -I sit and wait for you to respond-my 15 yr old son is so rude-I feel like such a failure. I am a really nice person with a really bad problem' I don't know what to do.

Carrie,

Please hang in there...try the program. I am only on day 3 but I have hope that if will work. I will keep you in my prayers.

Kat

Comment

Carrie, what is happening with you and your son? He is rude...can you elaborate on that?

My kids are grown now but MY did we have some times. I honestly didn't know if I would make it thru their teen years. Add into the formula a cheat husband and a bit of liquor...my living situation was highly combustable. We made it through. I don't know how...I didn't attempt to control my drinking then but know that it would have made all the difference in the world. Live and learn...right?

When you say that you are happy that we are all doing so great I get the feeling that you feel that you aren't. You've made a great first step. I know it's a cliche'...but baby steps. In this case (I know it's backwards) don't look at the forest to start, concentrate on the trees, what you can do here and now to make things better for you and your son.
      I'm talking to ME as I talk to you...my son isn't here but I am, and need to take one step at a time. I haven't officially started the program yet but I'm daring to have faith!

Comment

Hi Carrie,

Kate here. I'm sorry I wasn't on the boards last night, we could have gone into chat room. I hope today is a better day for you, and that things are a little better with your son. 15 is a rough age, the hormones are raging and things can get so volatile. Even essentially great kids can become lunatics at times. I have 17 year old twin boys.
        I'm glad you found MWO, it can definitely help if you stay with it. Don't despair, Carrie, honestly things can get so much better; it may not seem that way right now but they can.
        I'll be thinking of you today and sending good thoughts your way.

Kate

Comment

Are you there God

Thank you everyone for your responses, I got relly drunk last night-I feel so terrible when I do it. Lately it;s been every night. Can anyone suggest a site where I can get the Topamax, and the other supplements I need-you know-one stop shopping.My son is a good kid, it's just sometimes he is very disrespectful, and it doesn't help the drinking problem. I have recently changed my diet to a very low fat and low chol. I was recently diagnosed with hypertension and hyperlipidemia. I hope I can at least keep that up. Smoking and drinking isn't helping anything. My doc put me on Zyban for the smoking-it doesn't help-and lisinopril for the BP-I also take Celexa for depression. Does anyone know if there are any contraindications with the program?

Comment

Re: celexa

Hi Carrie,
            I take celexa for depression also and my dr prescribes that as well as topamax for me. I have no problem taking the 2 together. But it isn't just the supplements and the drugs that make this program work. It is the cd's, diet and exercise as well. The program as a whole, I believe, is very important. Please give it a try, you won't be sorry. Check out the thread called World Wide supplements (under the General Discussions forum). It's got lots if info for ordering on line.
            Donna

Comment

Working...
            X