Is anyone else concerned about opening your subconscious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys! All the posts have been so helpful; they let me know I'm not the only one "messed up". I've ordered all the tools but the CD's. Am I the only one who is really concerned about opening my subconscious to a total stranger? I've been taught to be extremely cautious of hypnotism.
    Diana

Opening the Subconscious

Hi Diana,

I'm not sure what you mean when you say opening the subconscious to a stranger, since it's really just you and the tape. I know that I had a strange visualization during the hypno tape the first time I did it, in that I imagined myself ina social situation, not drinking, feeling slim and assured, but I had a cigarette in my hand! Definitely an unwanted vision! It scared me, and I worked all week with "self talk" to not let that vision come up again. That's the worst thing that happened to me. Your consious mind will most likely not let anything terrible happen during hypnosis, as it is still there to protect you during the process; hynosis just allows it stand aside and let a deeper part of you emerge to help you. At this point, I find it soothing to do the tapes and I look forward to it. Finding the time is the hardest part, but the more I use them, the more I make the time happen!

I was very anxious at first to use the tapes, but I have found that they are really helpful. I think they helped me get right back on the program after being at a funeral this weekend and having a number of drinks over two days. I was actually relieved to get back home and be peaceful and without alcohol. I think before I would have been sad that a "legitimate" opportunity to drink was over in the past!

Anyway, I hope this helps!

Kathy

Comment

Re: Opening the Subconscious

I was not at all nervous about the hypnosis. I had a hunch it would be the most effective part of this program in fact. The problem I have had with drinking seems like a "broken button" in my brain. Like the "off" switch has gone haywire. When I had one drink , my whole system would rev up and scream MORE MORE MORE and get louder and louder making me feel like some kind of alcohol-seeking robot with a sweet smile on my face, making sure I got the neccessary minimum of 4 drinks,....... all this outside of my own heart/mind/moral sense of control. It seemed when other people would be ready to slow it down, say after the meal, and switching to coffee and dessert and conversation by the fire, I would be eyeing the wine bottles or cocktail area, and trying to figure a way to get another glass or two, just jonesing for a way to get more,,,, and speed the whole thing up. It just seemed like a broken or defective region or process inside my brain. So when I found out about MWO and how it countered brain processes and habits as well as brain chemistry I thought, this might just work! And guess what! It is working!! So far, anyway......

Comment

Wow Vida,

I have never heard someone describe how I felt for so long! That is amazing. I am doing the subliminal at least two times a day because I can do it at work, but have yet to really start the other cds. I have a silly excuse but I know I have a portable cd player somewhere in the basement storage closet and I hate to buy a new one. Oh well. Are the cds working really well for you? How often are you doing them? Are you doing the topa as well?

-Nina

Comment

Hi All,
          My brain works the same way. My husband has been telling me that for years, but I could never just stop after 3 or 4. I always had to drink until the end...which was sleep, pass out, whatever. I would love for some time down the road to go out to dinner with friends and have 1 drink before dinner and have that be more than enough and still have a great time with out even thinking about having another one. Or even better not even wanting the first drink.

As far as the CD's. I have only been doing them for 2 weeks but I do feel that they really help. I also feel that you have to do them as a set, or at least the Hypno with the subliminal because during the hypno you are giving yourself messages of who and what you want to achieve and than those messages are reinforced during the subliminal and sleep cd's. Like I said I am still fairly new at this but this is what and how I feel after listening to them for 2 weeks. They do take some time. Exspecially the first couple of times, but after that it is the subl and sleep daily with 20 min. here and there of the hypno and clearing. Hope this helped some.
          ~tammie

Comment

I think Tammie has a very good point about the hypno CD being key to the sleep and subliminal cds because of the suggestions you make about who you want to be. I found I needed to go back and do the hypno CD again, because the first time I wasn't as prepared as I realized I wanted to be. I think this is a really important aspect of this whole program, i.e. if I continue to see myself as a heavy drinker, I'll be a heavy drinker (self-fulfilling prophecy). I know I really need to change my thinking and begin seeing myself as the moderate drinker I'm going to be.

-Gracie

Comment

Hi, Diana.

There are a number of common misconceptions about hypnosis, but let me reiterate that you are *always* fully in control during this heightened state of consciousness. Here's a quick comprehensive overview from the Mayo Clinic.

RJ

Comment

I'm just as scared as you, but if I don't get this under control, I know eventually it will kill me, I am so ashamed, because I am a nurse-can you imagine neing a nurse and trying to talk to your FP about being a problem drinker. Last year, we lived in West Virginia, and I had this great Nurse Practitioner, I went out on a limb, and trusted her enough to tell her about my drinking and depression. I had read about a drug in Oprah, and asked her if she would prescribe it for me, and she said -that's a stimulant and we don't subscribe those. Then she tried to change my antidepressant-hated it. She never e ven addressed it again, because it was so hard to bring it uo in the first place and I was so devastated by the response that I just figured I was screwed

Comment

brandy 2

Hi and welcome. If you stick around, things will get better. It doesn't make a difference that you are a nurse. This is a disease that doesn't discriminate. I've known many alcoholic physician's who suffer just as we do (I'm an RN). In fact there seem to be quite a few of us nurses afflicted w/ this. At one of the 1st AA meetings I went to, I ran into 2 coworkers who worked the very same unit I work on. It's a slow process to heal, but gradually you can work thru the shame and guilt that has kept you from getting appropriate help. Keep reading. Lots of info on the program you'll want to look into. Also, good suggestions abound about how to ask your MD for help and meds if needed. It takes a desire and effort to really change. It can happen. Good luck. Gina

Comment

Re: brandy 2

it is 7:13, is anyone out there? I'm am soooo depressed about my situation - My husband is a great guy, but doesn't really get it.,I just feel so all alone. I know that I have to do something, and I want to . Doesn't anyone go to the message boards, doesn't anybody chat?

Comment

Working...
                    X