Got Topiramate not Topamax (online)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay all here it goes! If you are against ordering online please don't read..I know should go to Dr....will after I get my self set up! (new town, don't know any Dr's yet)

So... I ordered from Offshoredrugs.com, arrived in 15 days, great but it came from India and so far I have heard no mention of the country being good or bad...Mexico, New Zeland, yes but not India. Any one have experience from here. Plus it reads Topiramate not Topamax! Is it the same thing? Also reads Intras Pharmaceuticals LTD. When I ordered it Jan 3. I hadn't read alot on line so didn't know to much. What is everyone else on? Also cheap me ordered 50 mg to start thinking I could split...I thought someone else did the same thing.

PS: I had a whole physcial, blood work, liver....last sept, so everthing is fine...It was just done in a different state! My Hubby gets transfered alot, soon I may tell my story. It will be boring, stay at home mom, transfered alot and drinks too much with 2 kids....

Thanks for Listening,
    Tammie

This is my final step and I really want to start but....

Replys are welcome... I have been on the whole program without topa of course for 4 days now and would like to add this step in.

Tam

Tam

what you got was the generic name - as far as I know - of Topamax. I haven't ordered online myself, so can't help you there. Good luck with adding this to your program, it does make a difference. Watch for side effects - the only I've encountered so far are tingly fingers!
    Tell your story when you can, I think we have a lot in common - I too am a stay at home mom with two kids and too much time to drink!

Marie

Comment

Thanks Marie,

I was thinking it was the same...But Hubby out of town and day 4 for me....Thanks for your help.

Take Care,
      Tammie

Comment

Tammie,
        Topiramate is the actual name of the drug which is manufactured by Ortho-McNeil under the name of Topomax.

Great job on 4 days! Keep up the good work.

Marcie

Comment

Marcie,

Thanks for info. Sounds good! How are you doing? Hope all is well. So is Ortho...good or bad? Anyone!
          Take care,
          Tammie

Comment

I'm doing good thanks. Day 21 for me. So far so good. Had to call the health department today. My doc told me about that last week that they would be contacting me. The dr has to report all cases of hepatitis to them.

Marcie

Comment

Hi Tammie --

I got my first offshore topo from medsmex and it was great and then got my 2nd from another source from Europe. Well, I've had some problems and I've been blaming it on the topo. I think it might be that it's not as strong BUT I also changed my kudzu and l-glut at the same time. And, I've just recently noticed that since I've changed my kudzu and l-glut back to capsule form, my cravings have decreased.

So, bottom line, I'm sure your topo is fine -- I think the Ortho brand is probably the good topo (although I'm not an expert! but there is also a Johnson/Johnson topo out there). But, I would highly recommend taking kudzu and l-glut and the All-One supplements. They truly, truly make a big difference with this program.

Best of luck!!!!!

MMM

p.s. I split my tablets so as long as they're tablets you should be fine :-)!

Comment

MMM,

Thanks for the info...yes, they are tablets. I am taking all the supp's and even doing extra on the Kudzu right now since I haven't started the Top. yet. My Hubby is out on town and won't be back until tomorrow night so.. since I have 2 kids at home I thought it best to wait until he got home to start the Top. Did you have many side affects when you started?

Thanks,
                Tammie

Comment

Hey Tammie,

Reading your orignial post, I don't think anyone here is actually "against" ordering offshore.(Well some people might be, and they just have a stick up their butt ) It may just sound that way once a person has actually found someone to prescribe it for them. I felt like people were against going offshore when I was searching for someone to prescribe. I went to two docs who said "no, go to AA" till I found a psych. I ordered offshore first from inhousepharmacy.uk. They were great!

A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. Most people's motivation for pushing you to go to a doc is the cost savings and medical treatment that goes along with it. I know when it was time to reorder from offshore I started to panic. If this was something I was going to do for life, I really couldn't afford to keep buying from offshore. I started searching again and was just blunt with the psch. on the phone about what I was looking for and he was fine just calling the script in without even seeing me! I was blown away as you can imagine.

Regarding the two strengths someone spoke of earlier, I think Mike up North or Mitch(doing this from memory) mentioned on a thread that there is definetly a difference in strength between the meds from canada and mex. I think the meds from mex or fine, but from canada is half the strength. I will search around. I think I even started the thread "Question for Mike Up North or Mitch" I will look and post back.

Good luck to you Tammie!

-Nina

Ok. Back with the link. Hope this helps

p095.ezboard.com/fmywayou...=246.topic

Comment

Thanks for the info Nina, it was really helpful.

Comment

Hi Tammie --

Yes, I did have some side effects -- primarily, the same ones that a lot of people talk about. The tingling in the fingers, the tiredness, the dopiness, the loss of words... But, eventually, it goes away or else you just get used to it :-). My hubby and I used to tease about it that it was just a sign of getting sober again and the All One and Calms Forte and exercise really do help get you through that phase of it. It is SO worth it (believe me!). I can't wait to get back to the full-strength topo again (regardless of side effects).

Nina mentioned the dif between the two offshore places (medsmex and canada) -- I ordered from both of those places (in fact I think I'm on that thread that she references). I highly recommend medsmex. My current topo is from the canada place -- from Europe but they say the strength is the same regardless of where it's sourced from. I agree with what Nina says that it seems as if it's at l/2 strength. My next order is from inhousepharmacy (cause it's less expensive than medsmex) and am hoping that it is going to be full strength. I'll fly into the US in a week to pick it up and will be able to try it out then! yay! I'll let you know if it's as good as medsmex cause it will save you some money (and that always helps!)

Regarding offshore...hey, we've got to do whatever we've got to do. Some of us don't have a choice and some of us just would rather go that route instead. And it's so nice to have this group to get information from!!! :-).

Let us know how you're doing!

MMM

Comment

Working...
                      X