Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2 and the cries have started...

Hi everyone,

I am on day two of the program...for some that may not seem like alot but for me is is huge. I started crying about 1 hour ago, my daughter just asked me something normal, can I make cookies this afternoon....I justed started going on about why is it always me, anyway started crying and now I can't stop.

I think I am crying because for me there is no tomorrow. I can no longer say that if I can just make it through today I can drink tomorrow when my kids and hubby are gone. That was the way it always was before. I would look ahead for the next time! But this time I am doing this for me (ttfme). And I want to do this and I will, but the pain and heartache...

Thanks for listening,
    ttfme

Tammie,
    Great job on taking the big step of starting the program. It's not easy, but well worth it!

What parts of the program are you doing? Do you mean two days without drinking as well? I did start to get a little depressed the first couple days, plus the shaky, nervous, agitated parts of withdrawl. I'm sure that was some physical and some psychological. It's hard, it's like loosing a friend you've spent a lot of time getting close to. Try to find something to keep busy with. Get some of the books we've been talking about on the reading list, maybe baking cookies is something you can do and enjoy with your daughter.

I know you said that you don't drink on the weekends much because the family is home. If you're having a hard time today, tomorrow is going to be even harder and you need to be ready. Make a list of the reasons you shouldn't drink, or the ways your life is going to improve because your not drinking. Write down some things you can do tomorrow to keep yourself busy and away from alcohol. Stay strong and best of luck, we're all thinking of you. You can do this Tammie!

Marcie

Comment

day 2

ttfme - I can really relate to your post. I remember when I first started trying to cut down on drinking a couple of years ago, I could get one day under my belt, but boy that second day was much tougher than the first. So, I drank two days on, one day off. It feels like you have an itch than you're not allowed to scratch for hours! You need to hang in there, maybe remove yourself as far as you can from temptation for the rest of today. (a movie, a walk, etc) Remind yourself you aren't in this desperate situation because you can't have that drink you crave, but because starting alcohol in the first place put you here. A drink tomorrow can "relieve that itch" for a very short time, but in the long run it just adds to your misery. Let us know how you are doing - I know it's tough.

Comment

Re: day 2

Hi all thanks,

Yes I started the whole program, which includes no drinking once so ever for me. With my personality it has to be all or nothing or I fall back into the same pattern... So far I have been doing the cd's and supps. The All One and Topa should be here anyday, they have been on order for about 3 weeks.

Anyway, the cries have past, for time being anyway, lol.

Made cookies with daughter and hubby.

Thanks for the support.

ttfme

Comment

Good job and be strong Tammie!

We're all pulling for you.

Marcie

Comment

Tammie;

Hang in there..You've come along way.

Good for you!

Brandy

Comment

Tammie- I slipped this weekend, but am looking forward to tomorrow which is a new day! We are all in this together. Try to keep yourself busy with stuff tomorrow. Here in D.C. it is a federal holiday so my kids will be home. I'm hoping to do something fun with them to keep MYSELF busy. When I'm not busy, I get in trouble.

Hang in there!!

Jane.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for the support yesturday. It really helped. Today is day 3 and I am feeling better than yesturday. Still very hard! Plus my Hubby had to go of town, he has known for awhile so it wasn't like he just wanted to skip so he didn't have to be around "the Grouch", lol. He will be gone until Thursday and normally I would use these few free days to "really drink". Oh well not this time, but it will be hard because he is my #1 supporter. Anyway enough with my sob story!

New problem. I did receive my ALL ONE today, original formula, because...well, because I can... Anyway, How in the world do I get it down and keep it down. I tried it with V8 which I normally like, yuck! one sip and well you don't need to know! Any hints that other's use!

Happy Monday,
                Tammie

Comment

Tammie - I'm with you on the All One! I tried it in orange juice and it was so gritty and yucky. That's the only thing I'm not taking and I really would like to take it because it sounds like it works well.

Anybody have an ideas on what to mix this stuff with so I can get it down?

Jane

Comment

Hey Jane,

I will try starting a new post and maybe we will get lots of hints!

Thanks for your reply.
                    Tammie

Comment

Working...
                    X