Wernicke-Korsakoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wernicke-Korsakoff

Has anyone ever suffered from the feeling long after you are sober that you are still disconnected from your body? I wander from room to room forgetting what I went in there for, and wondering how I got there. I am dizzy, sleepy, nauseous, and have all the same symptoms as a person with a brain tumor. But since I think that is probably far-fetched, (and I don't have health insurance) I was wondering if anyone has ever had the same symptoms (unable to complete a thought; completely spaced out and vacant) as are described in alcohol dementia or Wernecke-Korsakoff disease, and if so does it EVER go away? I miss my old stredded out depressed self, now I am too spaced out and can't concentrate on anything long enough to even be depressed!

Wernicke-Korsakoff

Do you think you might be have withdrawl symptoms? I think someone listed them on the board and some of what you feeling seems to match closesly.

Here are some I pulled off the web:

Mild to moderate psychological symptoms:
    Feeling of jumpiness or nervousness
    Feeling of shakiness
    Anxiety
    Irritability or easily excited
    Emotional volatility, rapid emotional changes
    Depression
    Fatigue
    Difficulty with thinking clearly
    Bad dreams

Mild to moderate physical symptoms:
    Headache - general, pulsating
    Sweating, especially the palms of the hands or the face
    Nausea
    Vomiting
    Loss of appetite
    Insomnia, sleeping difficulty
    Paleness
    Rapid heart rate (palpitations)
    Eyes, pupils different size (enlarged, dilated pupils)
    Skin, clammy
    Abnormal movements
    Tremor of the hands
    Involuntary, abnormal movements of the eyelids

Severe symptoms:

A state of confusion and hallucinations (visual) -- known as delirium tremens
    Agitation
    Fever
    Convulsions
    "Black outs" -- when the person forgets what happened during the drinking episode

-Nina

Comment

Wernicke-Korsakoff

are you taking anything?

Alleiy cat are you on any medications?

Comment

Wernicke-Korsakoff

Yes, I have had those experiences and it is not withdrawl because I haven't withdrawn yet. It is a strange experience, like brain loss.I also have dajavu(sp} I have been there done that experience, I told my doctor and my counselor, they thought it was neat. What is the disease that you were talking aboutl.

Comment

Working...
        X