Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for RJ

RJ,
    I spent a few hours the other day going through old posts on this forum. I think there is heaps of info here which would make great research. Are you using information posted here in research at all. There certainly seem to be certain stages people go through and similar emotions and things that are common to us all.

I'm so glad you put this forum up and thanks.
    Brigid

Question for RJ

Hi, Brigid and thanks.

Yes, tons of great stuff here, I agree. And really, this is all new territory...the program, the approach--truly, we're all breaking new ground together. One thing our publishing company has considered doing, particularly as the posts become more and more difficult to find, is organize and print representative selections (sort of like a hard copy version of "Best of the Boards" but more comprehensive). We'd then format as a book or PDF that could be downloaded or ordered and read more conveniently. It would require updating, but we think it would provide a lot of value, for both consumer and research purposes.

Is this something any of you would be interested in? Would require some programming and labor, but we're very committed to capturing, archiving and providing this information in various formats.

Thanks for any feedback.

RJ

Comment

Question for RJ

Yes, its something I'm interested in.. not only (and quite obviously for personal reasons) but also for others. I love breaking new ground - and I thought there are interesting links between issues not only if people are or arent doing meds, but also even if they are doing one or the other, there are other links that seem to stand out. It'd be a huge job. I'm not a programmer, but not a bad analyst.
      Brigid

Comment

Question for RJ

Brigid and RJ,
        I am interested in helping with this as well, and wouldn't you know it...... I happen to be a programmer. Like you said Brigid, for personnal and professional reasons, this would be a rewarding project to take on. I do work full time, so I don't have the most time in the world, but I have all those hours I was spending drinking to occupy.

Marcie

Comment

Question for RJ

I'm a medical transcriptionist and am good at typing/proofing. If you guys would need anything like that, I'd be glad to help. I have gotten so much from this forum - good advice, support and the feeling that I am definitely not alone in this journey. I would love to spread the word!!

Jane

Comment

Question for RJ

Hi all, what a wonderful program....Interested in getting this and the reading list going ....I can help with research, data entry....(proofing and math would have to go to some one else; has anyone else seen 8th grade math or spelling words lately? yikes!) Thank goodness I have a wonderful Hubby to help them...
            Tammie

Comment

Question for RJ

Wow. And here I was (after EZBoard assured me I'd be taking on the impossible) trying to figure out where I was going to find an analyst, a programmer, a transcriptionist, a researcher and a data entry person to help with all this, lol. Now: do we have an indexer out there, ha.

You guys are great.

RJ

Comment

Question for RJ

How About a Search Feature for the Site?

There is just so much good stuff on the site, I have found myself wondering if there was a way to have a search feature on the site. I have recalled reading about this or that topic on the site, but knowing that there is no way I would have the patience to read through the pages and pages and pages of postings to find something I might have read about 3 or 4 weeks ago! Is this even possible?

Kathy

Comment

Question for RJ

Re: How About a Search Feature for the Site?

Kathy, there is a search feature on the main discussion forum page. It's a link right under the live chat link.

Marcie

Comment

Working...
                  X