Med Questions????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Med Questions????

Hi, I'm piddytat and am starting the program. I wrote a long note stating my questions last night and it just vanished into thin air. I guess I don't understand how to use this board yet. Anyway...

I ordered the wrong forms of the herbals in two cases..I didn't order the Senior All 1 and then I ordered not the Kudzu root, but the other one. I guess it'll work just as well? I don't need the iron, but surely it won't hurt me for a while until I reorder and the Kudzu I hope will work as well? Maybe I'll need a bit more of it to be effective? Does anyone know?

I also have concerns about the herbals. I have many allergies and my late husband was my allergist and warned me off herbals, but I'm desperate and am willing to try anything to beat this monster. Many of the vit. supplements I was taking already, but the Calms Forte, Milk Thistle and Evening Primrose Oil are things I've never taken before. I think I'm going to enter them one at a time into my regimen until I can tell if I'm going to develop hives or worse. Any wisdom out there about any issue like this?

Also, I ordered the Topomax from Mexico and received a note over the weekend that my credit card will not allow that sort of an order, so I've got to call them today and see which one will. I'm a bit concerned about losing weight on it. I've lost 15 lbs. this last year due to minor health problems and wouldn't mind 10 more, but that is it. Does everyone lose weight? I wouldn't have minded it a year ago, but I'm very close to my ideal weight and have concerns about that possiblity. Can you share experiences or comfort on this topic?

I am copying this message in case it too goes into the ether and doesn't post. Don't know what caused that to happen.

Thanks for all the information and best wishes to all aboard.

P

Med Questions????

Hi,

No we don't all loose weight. I sure wish I had. I have been on 300 mg per day and haven't lost a pound. Have lost the extreme desire to drink all the time though.

Welcome aboard!

-Nina

Comment

Med Questions????

weight

Good morning, Well I just made the mistake of getting on the scale, & I'm 3 lbs. more than yesterday! Dammit, I hardly ate yesterday, & not yet today... scale must be wrong! Maybe I'll throw it away. Nip that little problem right in the bud! Still waiting on my Kudzu, but I only ordered it yesterday, so in a few more days I'll try & see how I do w/it. Had a ruff weekend, lost a good friend to kidney failure...wasn't a suprise or anything but very hard to say goodby. Very fond memories to be blessed with. Had a couple of beers in his honor, but didn't get drunk. One of the girls I work w/, was so painfully hung over yesterday, it hurt to look @ her...Made me so grateful it wasn't me! Now there's some empathy for ya! That's me "all heart!" On that note better get to work ... G'day to everybody....Hugs Judie

Comment

Med Questions????

weight

Hi Piddytat,

I don't know much about allergies, so I think your idea of adding in one thing at a time is a good one. You also might check in with an allergist. I'm up to 175 mg. topamax and I've lost exactly 1.8 lbs. in 4 weeks. Since I'd like to lose 30, clearly, I have a long way to go. Also, some people who don't want to lose weight will drink Ensure or something like that in between meals to keep their caloric intake up. People lose weight on topa because they're not that hungry, but that doesn't mean you can't have some control over it. Good luck!

Hey Judie, I'm thinking about throwing my scale away too. It's obviously a liar and a scoundrel!:hat

Comment

Med Questions????

man on the moon

Well heck, I just had a loooong post dissapear into space...Probably just as well, I was btchn' about my Husband. "If they can put a man on the moon , Why not all of them?" Are all men retarded when it comes to some little cutie flirting & talkin' about their "nice Long Smooth Stick?"(que stick) But still something I didn't appreciate hearing especially from him! Duh! ( I wasn't there, but I got to hear all about it ...Lucky me! Needless to say I turned down the invite from him to go play pool tonite ( same place, of course) Think I prefer to practice my typing & hang out w/you guys & my doggies...Much better than restrainin' myself from havin' to Btch slap someone! Hugs...thanks for lettin' me vent...Judie

Comment

Med Questions????

Re: man on the moon

"....Are all men retarded when it comes to some little cutie flirting...."

The word you're looking for might be "insensitive"? Not "retarded"? Because, having a son who is autistic and retarded, I know there is nothing humorous about it.

Kate

Comment

Med Questions????

Re: man on the moon

judie I am sorry to hear about your friend passing away. Good job not drinking more then 2 beers in his honor. Seeing friends hungover is a good rememinder of where we have been, and will not return to. I am about to go to mexico next week with another couple , and I predict some hangovers, but none of them me. Insensitive is right. Men flirt w/ younger women at times when they are insecure about their own manhood. that is what I have understood.

Comment

Med Questions????

foot in mouth disease

Mornin all, My apologies Kate, that was a poor choice of words. Believe it or not I was trying to be "polite" by not getting more vulgar. When my feelings get hurt I seem to revert to my "little brat personna", no excuses, just something to work on. Hugs, Judie

Comment

Med Questions????

Re: foot in mouth disease

That's okay, Judie,

My husband tells me I'm no slouch in the "brat" department myself, and if truth be told there are times (well, maybe once in a blue moon!) he's right.

Best,
                  Kate

Comment

Med Questions????

weight

Hey Kate,

I'm sorry to hear about your son, I can appreciate how that has probably been a stressor for you, as much as you love him. My daughter has ADHD; she's a great kid, but sometimes still a handful!

Anyway, I wanted to crow a bit. After my earlier post, I stepped on the scale this morning, I'm now down 4 pounds since I stopped drinking last week. Yippee! That's what I wanted to see. Been cutting out the late night snacking!:lol Viva la topa!

Kathy

Comment

Working...
                    X