Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dosages of supps

Hello,
    (This is an edited version of a posting on another thread.)

I really wish I had the MWO book in hand, as I would like to thumb thru it before buying. I did read the excerpts from the website. I will order it online, rather than the PDF (I'd rather have a "real book" to read). I will probably go and get the supplements from the health food store before I end up with the book, so I am wondering: are the amounts that people are taking the same as those suggested on RJ's FAQ thread? I am just a little concerned about taking the supplements before becoming thoroughly familiar with the program.

I appreciate hearing everyone's feelings and stories. I plan to join the "just starting in the new year" thread soon.

CS

Dosages of supps

I would suggest the pdf. The book really isn't that long and I love to read it sometimes at work for motivation. I keep it on my desk top and no one is the wiser.

It is only about 80 pages and is a super quick reference when you are buying the supps off the net at work like so many of us do.

Just my 2 cents.

-Nina

Comment

Dosages of supps

PDF book

Nina-
      How long does it take for them to send you the file? I have been really surprised as to the difficulty in finding the book at major bookstores.

I found all the supps at our food co-op. Some pricey, but sure better than the amts. of drinking I've been doing. The kudzu is one of the highest, and to keep up with the recommendations, will be going thru it pretty quickly. I will check the Vitamin Shoppe for price comparisons.

CS

Comment

Dosages of supps

Re: PDF book

CS, you get the pdf file as soon as you pay for it and download. Just takes a couple minutes.

I couldn't find the book anywhere. I even tried Barnes and Noble!

Marcie

Comment

Dosages of supps

Ditto. Got the book in just a few minutes. I like the pdf and really wouldn't want the book hanging around in case someone grabbed it and said "Hey what's this book about?"

I drink too much. What of it? Just kidding. Anyway. The pdf is the only way I wanted to go.

-Nina

Comment

Dosages of supps

Good comeback Nina, I'll have to remember that if someone comes across my book, lol.

Marcie

Comment

Dosages of supps

Got the book

Nina and Marcie,
              I downloaded the book, printed it up and will spend the afternoon reading. (Home sick today -- bad cold [for real]). Thanks for the tips and quips about the book lying around. Other materials/books I have bought or acquired in the past, I still have hidden. I have even been afraid to check things out of the library, for fear of them being on my "record" or of books being here at home. (altho having A Million Little Pieces here caused no raised eyebrows.)

Thanks for everyone's welcoming comments. i just know that this is the year that I have to make some changes.

CS

Comment

Dosages of supps

More questions on supps

The MWO book was a quick read; glad I didn't put it off any longer.

As far as the changes to the supps from the book printing -- does anyone have any comments/suggestions? L-glutamine has been added, but the B-50 complex is not listed. (I remember reading somewhere that people who drink a lot are lacking in B-12s, I think.)

Thanks,
                CS

Comment

Dosages of supps

GABA

Another question about this one -- I know I have seen it in others' comments, and saw it at the store too, but not sure how much to incorporate, or at what point in time.

Comment

Dosages of supps

Re: GABA

Hi CS,

I am just starting out also. Read the book and have ordered the cd;s, supps and topa all online. Am still waiting for them all.

I am confused about doses and times of day also. I ordered all the Supps. from the book but did add the L-glut., saw that here online someone mentioned it. Did not order the B-50 however because know one seems to talk about it. I think the doses have changed since the printing of the book. So I am going to do everything on Page 118 in the book the same except add in the L-glut., not sure when to throw that in....plus up the dose of the Kudzu to 750mg three times a day.

Does this sound right?

Thanks, Tammie

Any help from others out there

Comment

Dosages of supps

re: GABA

Tammie,
                      I have the PDF version of the book -- my "Nutritional Supplements Dosing and Schedule" is on p. 63. I am assuming your p. 118 is the same chart.

I am going to try to do this without Topamax. I plan to buy the supps locally after I talk to my husband. When I was at the store yesterday checking out prices, I recalled having bought some of these supps before (after reading other books with nutritional suggestions)...but never with this intense combination. I guess I have been half-assed about it in the past. I am also a little concerned (weirded out?) by the thought of hypno-CDs, especially the sleep one.

Comments from others are welcome.
                      Thanks, CS

Comment

Dosages of supps

Re:Hypno CD's

CS,

I am concerned with the Hypno CD's also, but...this program has worked for so many that I am giving it a shot. I want to do everything "by the book". Anyway I am concerned because the sleep CD has to be on while we sleep and so my Husband will hear it also, but he won't be listening to any of the others...How will this affect him I wonder?

I am anxious to get started, haven't received any of the supps or Cd's yet, they are on order so hopefully they will be here soon. With the kids back in school and Husband back at work this has been a tough week. I do much better when I have everyone home with me.

Good luck to you and lets keep in touch. It is nice talking to someone who is just starting out also.

Thanks,
                        Tammie

Comment

Dosages of supps

Re: Re:Hypno CD's

Tammie and CS,
                          I've been using the CD's, at least the sleep one each night. My husband has been listening to it as well, but I don't think he gets any of the subliminal suggestions because he hasn't listened to the other CD's. I haven't listed to the others as much as I should, just not enough time. I don't know what effect they are having but I like listening to them reguardless.

Marcie

Comment

Dosages of supps

Marcie,

Hi, Thanks for the info. How long have you been on the program?

Tammie

Comment

Dosages of supps

Tammie,
                              I'm kinda half and half doing it. I've been taking sups on and off for two weeks along with the CD's. Not excercising alot, but more than I had been in the past. I'm not a good one to ask about being dedicated to the program, I have had so many other things come up, i haven't been following it very close.

It was a hard day at the doctor today, I really want to go to the bar and get drunk tonight. Fortunately, I know I cannot. I saw a different doctor and he came out and said if I drink with liver disease I will die. I'm sure he meant in the long run, but it was sobering to hear that.

Marcie

Comment

Working...
                              X