Side Effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side Effects

I've read everything on this site and the book and am thinking of starting the program. I'm a salesman and have to talk alot. I'm a little worried about how long the sife effects last form the topo. Any help?

Side Effects

Side Effects

Hi Henry,

I haven't had any of the "dopey" effects, thus far, at 50 mg. Also, you can dose up more slowly if you need to; it will just take longer to get where you need to go. I have noticed a feeling of tiredness at times, particularly when I'm alone, although when I'm with other people, I tend to perk up again. RJ also discusses using nootropics to counter the "dopeyness" and tiredness in her book, which help with those side effects if you experience them. There are also other articles on the net about the nootropics if you do a search, so you can decide what you think about trying them.

One thing I have noticed though, if I have a drink, particularly shortly after taking the topa, I have felt like I get drunk much more quickly. It has helped me moderate my drinking quite a bit almost immediately! I LIKE that side effect!

Anyway, welcome to the board, and good luck getting started!

Kathy

Comment

Side Effects

Hey Henry,
      I think side effects vary from person to person. I have had virtually no side effects. Im not sure why. So far I've dosed up to 200 mg. I also took the All One powder and some of the supplements for about a month before I started the Topa, simply because I did not have the Topa, and then I dosed up slowly, according to the schedule. I too was worried about side effects, but then considered the side effects and withdrawal and consequences of drinking, as well as the fact that the side effects of the Topa are said to be short term, and I figured I'd be better off. Good luck and welcome to the program!

Adria

Comment

Side Effects

I too am like Adria. No real side effects exept for some tiredness the first few weeks. I would have you liver/kidneys checked though prior to just because it is supposed to be pretty hard on them.

-Nina

Comment

Side Effects

side effects

It is definately a personal decision. But I for one , am so happy to hear from others who arent feeling side effects. I was terrified of the potential side effects like language or memory farts, because I too am "on stage" at my job, I have to read complex scribble, write complex scribble, make on the spot multifaceted decisions, communicate this information, answer sensitive questions, appear to be the ultimate invincible untouchable, unflappable expert at all times (yeah right), ......etc etc etc etc etc!.
          I am going into this with the plan that if I react too poorly, I slow down, back off, or quit the topa. I am only on 50 mg so far, and all I feel is slightly sleepy for about an hour or alittle more immediately after taking it. kindof like I just ate a big turkey sandwich and didnt sleep the night before and would really fancy a nap. But it is nothing you cant push through with a positive mental attitude and/or a cup of coffee. (so far, anyway) .....
          I sortof think you could worry so much about getting the side effects you could create them. I already said to my son , "is that what you are going to wear to the yoga club meeting?" instead of yo-yo" club meeting". And I thought OH NO! but ha ha! it was only the first day on topa so, it wasnt to blame. Who doesnt transpose words and who doesnt get hung up on spellings that they know they know, or ought to know? Now I am only on day 11 and may well be feeling differently in a few weeks. I am humbly awaiting what that will be like. But so far so good. Because already my appetite for alcohol is massively curbed ..... I have had zero hangovers, and nothing but luscious full nights of sleep since I started. Good luck to you, let us know how you do.

Comment

Working...
          X