Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

book club idea?

Hello fellow readers,

I was wondering if a "club" had ever been tried here before? I was thinking about starting one if anyone else was interested. I was thinking that we read a book and then meet up in chat occasionally to discuss aspects of our reading.

I am able to read a lot this summer, for I am a teacher and have begun my summer vacation.

Right now, I am reading "Three cups of Tea". It is about a man who begins to build schools in Pakistan through a mission of peace. I am only on chapter three, and would suggest it as a first book.

That is if anyone is interested?

thanks
    flyin'

book club idea?

Flyin'

I love to read and would like to be part of the club. Right now I am in the middle of a book, so if you get a good response I would be ready to start with the next book. I think its a good idea.

Comment

book club idea?

I'd be interested, too.

Comment

book club idea?

I too am interested of course depending on the book (lol). I like to read for relaxation.

I just started a book and have about 20 that I have yet to read! But I will eventually get to them. I keep buying them every time I find something I think looks good (even though I tell myself that I am not allowed anymore til I read what I have! lol).

Would you be giving a list of a few titles to vote on? Or do you want to pick one and give us time to get a copy?

I want to finish what I am on now, but I will try to join you for your next book (after "Three cups of Tea").

This is a great idea! Thanks!

Love, Me
        :l
        Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

book club idea?

Great to see response to this idea!

Maisie, nice to meet you!
          Thankful, always a pleasure!
          Time, my darren in crime!

As to a book, I would suggest Three Cups of Tea or Holy Cow(another Indian based/fun book), but Thankful it sounds like you might have another one in you library collection! LOL

On chat yesterday, Doubter expressed interest and was going to get Three Cups of Tea, he lives in India. Would make the convo kinda interesting with his insight.

So let's take this week to decide what book and hopefully all can get it by Friday. Post/Pm what book you think we should do. we'll also see if anyone else joins our group, and then we can figure times to meet up and such....sound good?

I have run book clubs before, but they always involved coffee, tea, biscuits and oh, yeah...people talking in person!! So this will be different, but I am excited!

Flyin'

Comment

book club idea?

I didn't know this was such a popular book! The libraries in the area have about 30 copies and they are all checked out with a waiting list. I'm going to the next town over tomorrow to see if I can get a copy. Otherwise, I'll have some catching up to do, flyin'.

Comment

book club idea?

I love reading I would like to join!!!! currently reading the Humphrey Carpenter bio of Spike Milligan!!!. Any one whose tombstone reads " Told you I was ill" makes for a interesting read lol
              Cap

Comment

book club idea?

hey can anyone find me the book of life ..i hear they are sale but i cant seem to find it .LMAO
                but hey just had to stop in and say hi fly baby
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

book club idea?

Hi gang!

I want to find more time to get back to reading. My good friend Doubter has given me suggestions of some of his favorite books. I ordered a couple of them yesterday, the one by Richard Bach is back-ordered, so I dusted off "Johnathon Livingston Seagull" from my book stash & read that this morning... some great thoughts in the book....ones to keep in our hearts, always.

"Are you saying I can fly?"
                  "I say you are free."
                  Johnathon Livingston Seagull
                  by Richard Bach
                  AF 6 years
                  NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

book club idea?

42 is the answer Roger...just thought you'd like to know

tlrgs;349110 wrote: hey can anyone find me the book of life ..
                    Maybe you would be interested in the book "Life, The Universe, And Everything". :H
                    It's part of a trilogy in five parts, "The Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy" by Douglas Adams
                    AF 6 years
                    NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

book club idea?

I'm a teacher too so am getting to do a lot of reading. I have Three Cups of Tea but haven't started it yet. Just finished Life of Pi which I really liked. I am new to this web site so don't know all the ins and outs yet. A book club sounds good to me. Reading helps me stay sober. 55 days today which is longer than I've had in years.

Comment

book club idea?

So whats the book Flying?

Comment

book club idea?

It is great to see a response to this idea of us meeting together over an old but healthy addiction....READING!

It appears to me that "Three Cups of Tea" would be an appropriate read for our first time through....it's an easy, well-written. inspiring outlook on life. It appears to be a book that discusses personal challenges while dealing with the natural and political world around us.

I hope you all are able to get it and enjoy it!!!

Let's say, everyone that voiced themselves here, check in when they get the book and then I would love for us to meet before we finish it. I like to have half-way discussions. So, if you get it, only read 1/2 of the book.

When is a night everyone is free, normally that is!?!? A night/day time that we could meet in chat?

Thanks everyone for your feedback and interest!
                          flyin'

Comment

book club idea?

Um going to borders tomorrow while the little one has stay afloat lessons "wikkipedia" this book....... sounds like a great read thanks flyin will pick it up and report at the half way mark .
                            Love Cap

Comment

book club idea?

a check in...

"This harsh and splendid land
                              With snow-covered rock mountains, cold-crystal streams,
                              Deep forests of cypress, juniper and ash
                              Is as much my body as what you see before you here.
                              I cannot be separated from this or from you
                              Our many hearts have only a single beat."

Well, I hope all have been able to get the book and have begun the awesome journey of Mortenson.

I am almost at the middle of the book and am having a hard time slowing down, once I'm on a journey it's normally full speed ahead!!

But...I will wait to hear from you all, I am wondering if we could come into chat next Monday morning or night(eastern time)? and have a book room meeting? Can anyone project that far to know if they are available?

Let me know....

Spedteach, I wanted to say a special hello to you and congrats to your 55 days...would love to chat with you more since we both share some similarities....AL....sped....books....summer vaca!!

xo
                              flyin

Comment

Working...
                              X