Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The CD's

Happy Monday Everyone,

I just got my CD set on Saturday. I did the Clearing CD last night along with the Sleep Learning CD. Then this morning I did the first track of Hypnotic. I must say, for this to be my second day of detoxing after a huge holiday blowout, my mood and my focus are very good. I still feel cloudy, but I'm getting my work done and not feeling as guilty and down in the dumps as I was yesterday.

I think it has to be the CDs because I haven't been doing the supplements long enough for them to really take effect! I am very pleased and highly motivated!

That Sleep Learning CD was so relaxing! I?m looking forward to it tonight.

JackPot! :rollin

The CD's

Hi AtlantaJJ! That's great that the CDs are working well for you! I started last week, but have to start over because I got way off track with the Thanksgiving holiday. I had some weirdness after the CDs though, I had a hard time sleeping. I don't know what that was all about. I literally tossed and turned with my mind spinning all night the first few nights. Wish me luck on round 2! :-)

Kim

p.s. I saw on another post that you are a business analyst ... I was too, before I decided to stay home for a while with my son. I can see why taking Topamax would be hard, you definitely have to be constantly thinking on your feet!

Comment

The CD's

You know, I had some pretty interesting dreams when I did the Sleep Learning CD the first time. I haven't listened the last couple nights (bad) but I love the Hypnotic CD, that one is powerful. I am planning to burn all of them to my IPod tonight that will make it easy for me to listen to them anywhere. I can start listening to the subliminal one at the office even.

Give it another try, I really believe in the power of the CDs. We just have to work on staying consistent with their use. I am very glad that I got them and I?m going to work on incorporating them in to my life. I may even treat myself to a really good pair of noise cancelling earphones. (mine are cheap!!).

Yes, I can?t take a chance on the topa...to risky. I think I can work it with the campral since I want to take a break from booze anyway. Give my precious body a break and a chance to heal!! I want to get back into my working out and eating healthy. I have too many living activities attached to drinking, such as cooking, eating, sex and relaxing that I want to break. I want to break the connection with drinking and my life. Perhaps at some much later date I can try to reincorporate it in a more appropriate way. First things first however, got to let the stuff go.

Comment

The CD's

You are so right about needing to just let the alcohol go. I tried at first with moderation, but I now see that giving it up completely would be much better, at least in the beginning.

I also need to give my body a break, and start disconnecting all the parts of my life from alcohol. I liked the way you put that, it is so true. Seems like everything I love to do has something to do with alcohol. I need to break that cycle.

Funny, I also just burned all the hypno tracks on to my iPod (well, my iRiver, but same thing ) as well. I find that works really well, esp. when driving. Ha, just kidding. No really, it works well when going to sleep, clearing or the hypnotic tracks. I like having it all in one place, easily accessible. My son is napping now, so I think I will go start again with the clearing tracks.

Have a great Wednesday, and I hope we get something worked out for chat sessions. I think that is a great idea!

Kim

Comment

The CD's

Kim!! You made me laugh out loud with that driving remark !! LOL :lol

I'm feeling a little gammy today, didn't have time to listen this morning so I'm going to have a listen when I get home tonight. It feels good to know I at least have something to turn too. Before I would get this feeling and then stand there with my teeth in my mouth not knowing what to do besides drink...

I stopped by the new gym they are finishing up building by my house today. WOW, it's going to be open this weekend they say. That is going to help me a tremendous amount.

In the mean time, I'm just going to post my butt off to get through this until my doctor's appointment and listen to those CD's until my ears hurt! LOL

Comment

The CD's

Wow Stac! I posted somewhere else that I feel like I'm going to see Santa Clause on Tuesday when I go see my doctor for my script.

You don't think the CD's will help you in case you need a touch up or something ? :-)

Comment

The CD's

Hi Janet,

To be honest with you....I never felt that they (CD's) helped me. As you know, different things for different people work. I found the combo that works for me is regular exercise, Campral & support from this board and my family.

I can't wait to hear about your Dr.'s (Santa!) appt. on Dec. 6th!>D

Stac

Comment

The CD's

Re: The CD's - Sleep Learning and the DREAM !!! Questions RJ

I had the most vivid dream last night after the sleep learning CD.

I dreamt that I was pulled over for a DUI in complete detail. I experienced the field sobriety test, the comments of the Hwy Patrol officer, even stumbling a little when I got out of the car, etc. WOW. I knew I was dreaming, and I?m glad I knew because I would have been horrified. I remembered thinking how I was going to come up with all the money for the fees and fines, who would I call to bail me out of jail, what my employer and family would think, etc. !!!

Woo, I?d say that was a rude awakening while I was sleeping!! haha

I?ve never been one to drink and drive very much, I was one to stay at home and get sloshed. But boy that was a scared straight dream if I ever had one.

Question for RJ:
                I wonder if that is one of the subliminal messages of the CD??? RJ, is it a secret or would you care to chime in. I?m not sure if we are really supposed to know the messages contained in sleep learning. Would it impede the learning process if we knew the actual lesson content?

Comment

The CD's

Isn't that something...these detailed dreams. I remember one like that--oh the humiliation and sense of failure--I have never been so relieved to wake up. BTW, there is a hilarious thread from a couple months ago (Amy, Rig and others) re: dreams when they got started. So, so funny.

Re: the subliminal messages, I can tell you in all honesty I have no idea what's being said. Don't know if anyone else notices that very subtle "feeling" sometimes when it's played that somehow the the brain seems to know what's up...I can only imagine it's the post hypnotic cues issued earlier. Feels to me, as I'm, say, working at the computer and have it running, that my subconscious is "in on a little secret" or something. Does anyone relate to this?

I well remember after first starting the program how unbelievably repulsive vodka became to me. Immediately. This was not one of my suggestions, so I couldn't understand its origin. But as I think I stated in the book, I would have likened drinking vodka, whiskey, or other hard liquors I previously enjoyed to downing cleaning fluid. I could only imagine there was something buried in the subliminal or sleep learning CDs?

And I decided then that I really didn't care what it was--in fact, I didn't *want* to know what is was! I was almost afraid it might "break the spell". So to answer your question, Janet, no, I do not know what's contained--or whether that knowledge would compromise its effectiveness. It's one of the few research question I have simply never asked....!

RJ

Comment

The CD's

Well we will just let that sleeping dog lay....I know that I am feeling better and more resolved than I have in a long, long, long time. So I'm just going to go with the flow...

That dream scared the pants off me though!

LOL!!:eek

Comment

The CD's

Re: Must be the CD's !!!

I had a meeting with my manager who thinks very highly of me and usually piles a bunch of scary new project tasks on me during our meetings. This is usually an automatic trigger for me. Like wow, I can't wait to get home and relax with a nice cold glass...before I get started on the hours, and hours of work she just assigned me.

We had that same session today, and for some reason today the trigger was not pulled. I felt like "boy I better get out of here before she finds something else for me to do" but not the boy I want to drink.

I was driving to my office after our meeting and I thought what happened? I figure out that it's not the supplements, I've been hit or miss with those because I haven't stocked up yet. It's not exercise because I just started back yesterday. It?s not the meds, I got them today, and I hadn?t taken a dose yet.... BINGO!! It has to be the CD's, I have been doing them regularly!!

This is really good.

Comment

The CD's

Also Wondering About Those Messages!

Hi All,

I have also been wondering about those subliminal messages! I am finding that when I think of that yummy glass of red wine, I am also quickly remembering that yucky "way too much red wine" hangover. Down to the sick stomach, the tannin headache and the purple lips (I guess that is chapped lips + too much red wine + too drunk to notice!) And that was also not in my own suggestions. So I have been wondering if there is something about that in the subliminal messages??

Another interesting thing for me has been the effects of the clearing tracks. When the disembodied voice (my new nickname for him) told me to let all of these negatives influences flow away with the water, I had all these bad people who have negatively influenced me (particularly a past relationship and a person a conflicted with at work) tumbling over a waterfall. Literally! What a trip! The really cool thing is, now I have noticed that when I think about these people, they do not have the effect on me that they once did. Amazing!

Kim

Comment

The CD's

Re: Must be the CD's !!!

Hey Janet,

Did you have your doctor's appt yesterday? I hope it went well. I like reading your posts, and looking forward to completely getting started--now on topamax 25mg, but yet to start kudzu, cd's and stuff. Still drinking a bit, but I want to let it go. Hope you're doing well!

Comment

The CD's

Re: Must be the CD's & Exercise

I got my meds on Tuesday and immediately started taking them. I've been working out every day this week and I must say I am feeling really good. I have to get back on track with the CD's, when I added the workouts it gave me a new element to mix into my schedule.

I can honestly say that I have not had a single craving. I?ve been doing the CD?s the longest on the program, since the beginning of the month, and this is my 3rd day on the meds. I?m still lacking on the supplements!! I am working on this a piece at a time. This is my 8th day of no drinking and I am proud as punch. I keep telling myself that there is no need to look back, to forge ahead. I feel like if the voices come back telling me to drink, I can handle them because I don?t have that physical pull in the pit of my gut working against me along with the voices. I also have resources in place for alternative things to do like post here on the board, or workout, sit in the sauna, get a massage, etc.

I woke up this morning wanting more sleep not because I was hung over, but because I have been working out like a champ!! I ran 3 miles yesterday and 3.5 today? not bad for an old previously drunk bird!! LOL (slow, slow miles mind you?.) I plan to get a lot of rest this weekend because I know how important sleep is for my well being and to help me handle stress. My Dr. gave me a script for Lunesta but I don't think I will be needing it. I think it's good to have a sleep aid of some sort when coming off the heavy drinking. I think the Calms Forte serves the same purpose.

Stay tuned, moving forward?.

Janet

Comment

The CD's

Re: Must be the CD's & Exercise

Janet-

That all sounds so great! Just thought I'd congratulate you as I head out for my very very slow 3.34 mile run...in the 23 degree weather! You are really doing so well-8 days is tremendous and really gives you a sense of the possibilities ahead!

My experience with sleep is very different than some. When I drank, my sleep was horribly disrupted; as soon as I stopped, I would literally fall into bed at 9PM and sleep SO incredibly deeply it was amazing. Lots of dreams at first,which would wake me up once or twice a night, but then I'd fall right back into the deep sleep. No getting up to send emails and have a glass of wine at 2 AM!! Two and a half months later, I am still sleeping so well! It's almost unnerving to me to go so far down into sleep and to get so tired in the evenings. Must have really been wreaking havoc with my body with all that wine. It does bring home the point when you feel your body change in positive ways.

Ann

Comment

Working...
                              X