just starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just starting

hello, im new to this program, i plan on starting the first of the year. i just wondered how everyone was doing with the topamax. does it really work. i hate to spend the money, and it not work. i have read the book. it was excellant

just starting

just curious

hi everyone. i just wonder if im wasting my money on all this. i have tried everything else, and nothing has taken the craving away to drink. im pretty desparate at this point. for the last 3 yrs. i have drank a 750 ml, every night of wine, and it has became so habit forming. also i have put on 30 pds and cant get it off. i have heard topamax takes the appetite away. i have ordered the kudzu, and my next step is the cd's, and the topamax. if anyone can see what i have written please let me know about the topamax. jeanette

Comment

just starting

Re: Just Curious

Jeanette,

I tried to answer your post and my cursor got stuck because of my d&%m Mac! So I went ahead and answered MicknKids post and need to go now, so please check out what I wrote to her as I think it should apply to you too. In brief, I think this program is so worth it, and except for the Topa, is not so very expensive. The CDs are a one-time expense, and the supplements are not expensive. If you have insurance and can get a doctor to prescribe the meds, they should not be prohibitive. Think of what the cost of a DUI would be - YIKES! Scary! Wecome to this board! Continue to ask any questions you may have. There is an entire thread devoted to websites where people have found the various supplements. And yes, many of us have had great success with the program.

Adria

Comment

just starting

Re: just curious

Hi Jeanette,

This program does help, but please don't count on it to help you lose weight. I haven't lost an ounce. For some it helps them lose tons, but that is not what this program is for. I would love for topa to have helped me drop the 25 pounds I need to lose, but I am just thrilled with the fact that it along with the other aspects of MWO have helped me go from getting drunk 3-5 nights a week to drinking wine in moderation only about 2 nights. (and I am working on this)

If you are drinking a lot, then the money you have spent on booze will be much more than you spend on this program unless you are unable to get a doc to prescribe the topamax.

MWO has given me my self esteem and my life back. Welcome.

-Nina

Comment

just starting

hey!!!

hey!! my problem is, im not sure if its just all in my head, or if i really do have a major addiction. its hard for me to tell the difference between craving the liquor and just simply wanting it. i know this probably sounds crazy, but its always in my mind, and its getting alot worse. its kinda hard to explain. its kinda like this is all i have to look forward to in life anymore, its my highlight of the day. life seems so boring without it in my life, but i KNOW i have to change the way things are or im gonna die soon. also my face and neck is really aging and all this weight i have put on. oh well i guess im rambling on. please write back.

Comment

just starting

Re: hey!!!

Jeanette,
            I'm in the same boat as in I can't tell if they are cravings or habit. It's probably a combination of both. Yesterday was the first day I didn't drink in a long time. While I was ok most of the day, when I went to bed I did start thinking about drinking ALOT. I got a little shaky and didn't sleep well. I guess not that too bad for the first night. Hopefully it only gets easier.

I have the supps, not taking them very much though. I also have the topa which my doc said I cannot take right now because of other issues. Last week I took the supps 3 days in a row as suggested and I did notice quite a difference in the cravings. I had a beer while watching the football game with my hubby and it took me 2 hours to drink it!! This never happens! I meant to start again on the supplements today, but it was such a hectic day at work I didn't think of pulling them out of my purse.

I did notice today I am thinking about beer alot more than yesterday. I am going to take some kudzu now and hopefully that gets me through the night!

Good luck and welcome!

Marcie

Comment

just starting

hey marcie, it was great hearing from u, i purchased the cds today on line, and i have still yet to get my topamax. i sure hope this works, and im not wasting my money. im desperate. i pray it works love jeanette

Comment

just starting

Hi Jeanette,

Just make sure to have some patience also. It will take some time. This isn't a magic bullet. I found this out all to well. It takes time, patience, dilligence and dedication. I had hoped that just popping the pills was going to take all of it a way, but it takes a lot of hard work on our parts as well. For some, myself included it is still a struggle some days. This program will give you much relief and support in the struggle though.

My Best,
                -Nina

Comment

Working...
                X