Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book Recommendation

Hi All,

I just picked up a book over the holidays that I have found very interesting, called A Million Little Pieces, by James Frey. It was in Oprah's Book Club, if that lends any credibility.

It is an absolutely harrowing story of an alcoholic and crack addict going through rehab. I can't put it down. He is far worse off than anyone I have seen describe themselves on this site, but his description of his addictive thought processes, guilt, shame, self-hatred, etc. are very interesting to me, as someone who also struggles with addictive behaviors.

I am not finished yet, but from what I have read so far, I thought many of you would be intrigued by it as well. It is a painful read, but one that any addict will identify with, and be scared by when seeing where it all leads for some people!!

Kim

Book Recommendation

Oops .... I meant to put this in General Discussion. I will post it there too.

Comment

Book Recommendation

Kim,

I recently finished "A Million Little Pieces". You're right, it is a riviting story and an excellent read. I recommend it everyone out there. There is another book that James Frey wrote after that book. This one is called "My Friend Leonard". It pickes up where "A Million Little Pieces" left off. It is difficult to get thru the 1st half of the book due to it's graphic nature; but, then you can't help but want James to be successful in his recovery process. Enjoy the book!!!

Stac:hat

Comment

Working...
      X