6th day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6th day

Hi friends , I just started Topamax six days ago. Aside from not recoginizing how to spell words, tingling in my hands, and general dumbness, I have not had too many harsh side efects till now. This is very humiliating sincs I am an educater. I feel like a dumb ass. but at least not a drunkass. these side effects are potentially harmfull since I need be sharp for my job working with special needs children. Sometimes I forget the silliest things shoot !!!! I was THE THE SPELLING BEE CHAMP for years!!
    Also, just as a help to me, I have felt tremendous relief from the program BUT just wondrin, did people want to drink alot before next titrate up?
    THANKS, Lori

6th day

Lori,

How are you doing?

I think you'll find the drinking relief will come soon. (but the spelling errors will continue..sorry (especially typing)

Jen

Comment

6th day

How's it going for you, I am a business analyst and I have to think on my feet. The fuzzymindedness I don't need. I think I'm going to ask or Campral. I don't want to drink at all, not even moderately. I want to give my body a well deserved rest from all the years of boozing.

Comment

6th day

Thanks for asking guys,
        I'm doing better, MUCH better. I am thinking more clearly now, but I did end up with a killer flu which may have been partially to blame for at least some of the weirdness. I did not drink at all during Thanksgiving weekend but I just felt terrible. I got lost when driving in a very well known town and started crying. I was really scared. This kind of thing repeated itself over and over for four days. Coincidentally when I upped my dose from 25mg to 50mg, so I am a little shy right now. This morning I took 25 and I feel GREAT. I will try to go back up again with help from my doc when I check in with him next week. Right now I'm doing fine. Thanks for being there for me.
        Lori

Comment

6th day

Hello Lori , are you still reading the boards? you should be another 4 weeks into it now, and I was just curious how you were progressing now? Hopefully great! I am very worried about the cognitive side effects. I simply cant have that in my line of work, but my physician said I can just discontinue the medication if it it becomes intolerable. Today is day 3 and I really dont feel anything yet. Let us know how you are doing and Merry Christmas!!

Comment

6th day

Wow! It is amazing how the meds must affect us all so differently. I only felt a bit of tiredness for the first 4-6 weeks, which some attribute to withdrawl, and a bit of tingling in my fingers and toes. None of the dopiness or forgetfulness. Hopefully it will pass for you. Topa has been a blessing for me.

What has your doc said about the side effects? I am at a cross roads myself. I am at week 14 and wondering how long I should stay on. I am scared to stop taking topa for fear of going back to being drunk 3-5 nights a week. I feel like I have just turned a coner about three weeks ago. I have about 45 days left of my script and my doc said he will prescribe more. I guess I will go from their.

My best to both of you.

I can't speak to the spelling. I have always sucked at that!

-Nina

Comment

Working...
            X