New and excited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and excited

Hello , I am new here and just starting out tonight. I saw my physician this morning. Is anyone else beginning the program this week?
    For me everything was beginning to become an excuse to drink. PMS? the answer is to drink. Feeling happy? celebrate with a drink. Bored? Drink! Hard day, and now now antsy and irritable? Drink. Someone hurt my feelings? Drink. Got a big meal to cook? drink while doing it, of course. Coming down with a cold? Drink! Lonely? drink, drink drink! It was getting out of hand ..........and I have failed *repeatedly * at trying to cut back. I have tried so many approaches on my own, but not face to face meetings like AA etc, for reasons I will post later. I am at work now, but I can write more about myself another time. I am looking for companions to share this journey with.

New and excited

New and excited

... wondering what do do.. have a drink. wondering what to do next.. have a drink... the list is endless isnt it?

and you are possibly scared, worried, anxious, .... well I was when I started out. I felt like something in me wanted to do this but wondered if I could beat that other sabateur part of me. So far so good.. and Im quite sure that this forum has done heaps to help me. I'd suggest sitting and trawling through the threads.

For me, I've really appreciated reading everyone's stories, trials and successes and I have really valued some people's advice and tackling me on occasion also. I've felt very supported here.

Happy to have new people on board.. so welcome.
    Brigid

Comment

New and excited

Hi Vida;

Welcome; I'm sort of new here also. I haven't gotten the opportunity to purchase the book and try the recommended therapies.

I tried to stop drinking Nov1st, that turned into 4 episodes of me drinking to date..not smart. But those were no where near the amount I had previously been drinking, (1 six pack or more over the course of maybe 2 to 3 hours). Anyway I'm trying again, it's frustrating to keep starting the clock over, but I am and not drinking since Dec 20 (only half bottle of beer)..I know still alcohol. I will keep focused on my goal to remain sober one day at a time.

Anyway, again I say welcome, and thanks for being here.
      You are an inspiration for all of us.

Comment

New and excited

Brandy and Vida,
        I wish I would take my own advice, but anyway. You guys are stronger than you think(me too). We can all beat this!

Comment

Working...
        X