Waiting for Book and CD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All! I ordered the book and Cd's last weekend, and I have been waiting with bated breath for them to arrive so I can really begin the program in earnest. I feel like I've been doing it backwards! Unlike many others, I already have the topamax in hand and just went up to 50 mgs this Friday. Only noticed a slight decrease in cravings. I did drink over the weekend, but about half of the usual and distracted myself with holiday shopping and trying to catch up with paperwork and friends. It's harder to stay motivated when you're drinking a little more "normally" (like drinking a bottle of wine alone during a Saturday is normal??: though better than I've done on some Saturdays for sure!) So reading through all of your posts (including my own) is a good reminder of just how bad it can be and how disgusted with myself I can get the morning after the night before. I hope that the book and the CD's get here soon. How are you Atlanta JJ? And you greedy pig, you're new...and it's good to see you back, MikeupNorth, and everyone else too.

I see my psychiatrist tomorrow, and I'm going to tell him all about MWO. I hope he will be as excited about it as I am. It's just that the waiting is frustrating. I want to get my hands on that book!

I'm so glad that people have written about how tired they were when quitting. When I have had periods of sobriety, I was always very puzzled by how tired I was, figuring that I would be less tired without the booze than with it! Go figure. I found it very discouraging, but now, I will face that part of the adjustment with more confidence, knowing that it will pass.

Thanks all of you for being here. This fits my life so much better than the AA routine! Take care!

Kathy

Hang in there, Kathy -- I'm sure the book and CDs will get to you soon.

I think you'll notice a big difference when the other elements of the program (the supplements and the hypno especially) are in place along with the topa. The supplements should help with the feelings of fatigue. This is also something you can address in your hypno sessions. You can suggest something like "Without alcohol, I feel alive and full of energy!" (In fact, I think I might start using that one myself!)

Mike

Comment

Thanks, Mike, also want to say hi to Jenram! Your comments have been so helpful!

Also, it is hard to dig through these posts because there are so many do some people take their topa during the daytime to help with cravings? I have usually taken mine just before bed, fearing that if I took it during the day, I would be incredibly dopey? Any suggestions?

Comment

Hi Kathy,

I have been doing pretty darn good. This is day 12 of abs for me, and day 6 of the Campral. I went out twice this weekend and did not even want to drink, it was not an issue. I have been a little tired, but I think working out and getting good rest is a cure for that. Generally my energy level has been a lot better than it has been when I have absed in the past. I am so excited about this program and the way I am feeling right now, and I am happy to be free. I am looking forward to my Sober Christmas, what a gift to give myself. I thrilled with the sense of accomplishment I'm feeling right now.

I like the suggestion that Mike came up with for the hypno CD's. Are you doing the Kudzu yet, I hear that really helps a lot, and if I start having cravings, I'm going to get some myself.

Take care and thanks for asking how I am doing :-) I appreciate that.

Janet (JJ)

Comment

Hi Kathy,

Thanks for saying hi. Well, I had a lot of initial side effect on topa, so I don't know if I'm the best to ask about taking it in the day vs. night. I think it would help with cravings in the day if you could take part of your dose in the day, yes. I was a bit of a wreck for awhile.

I also bought the drug in the book that Roberta Jewell talked about for increasing alertness which helped a lot. If you get to the point that you need something like that....let me know..the name of it is in the posts..but I can help you find it in the posts if you need help. You have to buy it online.

Take care.

Jen

Comment

Jen,

RJ recommends two different drugs/herbs? for counteracting topa/dopa effects. I think one is prescription and the other not. Which one did you take? Where did you get it? I haven't needed it yet but maybe no one has noticed! LOL!

Thanks,
            Adria

Comment

Working...
            X