Kudzu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kudzu

I have managed to get everything locally (including the topa - available over the counter here!) except the Kudzu.

Does anyone know what the Chinese (cantonese or mandarin) name for this is? I may be able to get it from a Chinese medicine store.

Kudzu

chinese name for Kudzu

Hi Expat,
    Try the link below and it gives you the botanical and chinese names for Kudzu. You can also google it and up comes pages and pages of info. It's interesting reading, if not very informative.
    Kudzu has been a lifesaver for me and I'd say do whatever you can to find it. You can go online to the happy herbalist and get it in the dosage that RJ recommends.
    Good luck and take care,

Kel

encyclopedias.families.co...-1171-gea2

Comment

Kudzu

Re: chinese name for Kudzu

Thanks. Yes I have come across various versions of ge gan, but as both Cantonese and Mandarin are tonal languages, I really need to get the characters. There is one word in Cantonese that means road, chicken and prostitute depending on how you pronounce it ... so I guess when I asked for ge gan at the Chinese pharmacy, the guy's look of bewilderment is understandable :eek . Goodness knows what I was asking for!

Comment

Kudzu

Yes, the Chinese characters you're looking for are Ge Gen:

Happen to know this, as they're included on the new label of our "Kudzu Recovery" capsules which Ed Kasper, the Happy Herbalist, and I will be introducing to the market in about a month. Very excited about this, as the ingredients match exact standards of recent successful clinical trials in which drinkers' cravings were significantly reduced. Dosing will be specific to the MWO program so very convenient. More about this soon!

RJ

Comment

Kudzu

Wow - thanks so much for this and the information on l glut. Ready, steady, go!

Comment

Kudzu

You bet. I think the literal translation of road, chicken and prostitute is a lot more entertaining, though, ha.

RJ

Comment

Kudzu

I have found out from a Cantonese speaker that this herb is sold here in Hong Kong and in China as a tea for liver health. Interestingly, they use it in summer, rather than winter. I think it is something to do with the fire/heat part of Chinese medicine, but I am not sure. Fortunately this person also has a brother in law who is a western doctor, so maybe we can figure out how to get an extract. It has been interesting, and much thanks to RJ for the characters.

Comment

Kudzu

Growing up in Mississippi, kudzu was everywhere. It grows up to a foot a day and can quickly overtake entire areas of forests or fields. You can cut it, burn it, till it, poison it -- and it keeps coming back.

If you had told me that one day I'd be buying it, I'd have told you that you were crazy. But it seems to do something: I've been taking a teaspoon 3 times per day for the last few days, and have markedly reduced cravings.

Comment

Kudzu

In case you wondered more about what kudzu looks like... this is a very interesting website.

www.jjanthony.com/kudzu/

Comment

Kudzu

Re: Kudzu Grows Everywhere in Atlanta!

Mike that is so true!!! Kudzu is everywhere here in Atlanta. We joke about planting it in one of our neighbors yards to get at them...haha (he has a perfect lawn and garden) Who would think that I would be purchasing it over the internet to consume, I could just go down the street and harvest some, cook it up or something....LOL (not sure how to prepare it so I guess I'll stick with the internet)

Comment

Working...
                    X