Lost husband/need to reclaim self

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My husband died just a month ago after years of struggle, and it has been all but impossible to continue without him, but this program seems to offer some hope, and perhaps some relief from the guilt and horror of who I have become and was to him. I've bought and read the book, bought all the vitamines and minerals and started taking them, ordered the CDs, and am waiting but still drinking. I am not planning to take Topamax because my doctor has me taking Campral. The number of pills I have to now swallow seems even more outrageous than the quantity of alcohol I have been swallowing. Maybe, just maybe it will all work somehow . . .

I am so sorry to hear of your pain and loss...You are at the right place, I've only been here a short while and I feel new hope.

I am no expert by any means, in fact I plan to see a doctor about Campral on Tuesday morning, but from what I hear, the drug looses it's effectiveness if you drink while on it. (please others, jump in and correct me here if I am wrong)

I have been abs for 4 days now, I wanted show the doctor that I am past the withdrawal period so that she could feels safe to prescribe the med to me.

Just hang around this place and read, read, read, that's what I did to get going and to change my sad attitude. A week ago was an entire different story for me. This is working, this works.

Thanks for posting.

Janet

Comment

So very sorry for your loss. You'll find many new friends here to help support you. Call on them.

Best,
      RJ

Comment

Dear Steichmann,
        I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. I have been feeling sorry for myself lately and started reading back over posts of others here. My problems are not so great. I hope you can get past the pill popping and work the program. It was a tough road the first 21 days with nothing at all to drink (that was my own personal goal). But it got easier everyday. I've had my set backs but I've allowed myself to wallow in my own self pity. I hope you can find some strength here and continue to progress. You've got nothing to lose and everything to gain. Best of luck.

Comment

I'm sorry. Two puny little words to say how I feel about your loss, your grief. It's true that there are emotions that are larger than language.

I'm glad that you've come here as there are some marvelous people on this forum. You'll find friends here.

Virtual hug,

Carmen

Comment

I'm Sorry to hear about your husband. You have come to the right place. Good luck and look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Peace

My heart goes out to you and your husband for his struggle. Please know that this is a group of people you can reach out to anytime you need it.
              Mitch

Comment

Working...
              X