topamax and the liver information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

topamax and the liver information

I came across a post from a while ago about concerns about Topa on liver function. Because mine is not too good, I decided to do a bit of research. This is one I found, but will be looking into further. Following is the link to the site I have found so far...

www.healthsquare.com/newrx/top1541.htm

Special warnings about this medication

Topamax must be used cautiously by individuals with impaired liver function.

I would suggest to others, who have not considered a blood test as yet, getting one done before taking Topa. None of us want to believe our liver is impaired - I had no idea, until the routine blood test I recently undertook, for another matter, showed up.

I don't take the Topa anymore becaue of too bad side-effects, but it makes me wonder if that contributed to the damage to my liver. A year ago it was clear, and although I have continued to drink moderately, but also have abused alcohol occasionally during a lot of the past year - but actually less than I was previously - my liver is now in the early stages of damage.

Could be just old age and too many years of drinking catching up on me of course, but ... maybe it was helped along by taking the Topa.

Just something to consider.... and research...
    Kath

The previous link was an Australian site. Here is one from the US.

www.migraines.org/treatment/protpmax.htm
Working...
X