Seizures????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seizures????

Hi, I just visited a health practioner (not a doctor, doctor is tomorrow) that said that one of the side effects of Topa is that it can actually cause seizures. Is this true??? Mary

Seizures????

hi not too sure yet

Do you live in Australia? I ask because it took a long time and many hours of internet research about Topamax to find a doc who would prescribe it.

Topamax is prescribed (PBS) for epilepsy and migraines. My doctor actually told me that it was an epilepsy medication, but I informed him it was also used to reduce alcohol cravings.

After he looked up a website, he was okay about prescribing it.

If you are in Australia, because its not PBS listed apart from epilepsy and migraine use, it will cost you a lot of money.

I can't believe it could cause seizures, being a medicine to control seizures from epilepsy.

Kath

Comment

Seizures????

re: seizures

Hi,

Comment

Seizures????

re:seizures

Hi, I'm new here, don't know if this is going thru, at all, or twice...Does anyone know of any side affects or problems with taking Dilantin and Topo together?

Comment

Seizures????

seizures

I read somewhere on the internet that there were some indications that seizures could be caused by drinking alcohol with topa but do not recall any specific studies, nor if this was among clients with previous epilepsy or seizures. I didn't see any info regarding topa and other medications but didn't google it. You might try googling the two terms together or calling your pharmacist.
          Adria

Comment

Seizures????

seizures

Hi Adria, Thanks for the google advise. I found some info on Topo & Dilantin, but pretty vague. Guess I need to ask my MD for more details, but it sounds like a possibility. I don't like the idea of taking too many dif types of drugs... but if I can at least slow down (lol!), my drinking, or maybe actually stop someday( I should be good at that by now!)...Done it for years! Sometimes daily or hourly!...In any case, the drinking is probably worse than a lot of drug combos...

Comment

Working...
            X