The Sexy Years by Suzanne Sommers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I saw this on here awhile back, but I just started reading it. I am almost 48 years old, and have had some of the symptoms she describes for awhile now. I have experienced lack of libido off and on since the kids were born. I've talked to my doctors about it, and my OB-GYN tried me on testosterone patches--but he said they probably wouldn't help, which they didn't. I'm seeing him Friday and I'm going to ask him about the bioidentical hormones, but I'm pretty sure he is one of those doctors that knows nothing about it. I'm also scheduled for a Mirena IUD which has synthetic hormones in it---now I'm not sure what to do.
    Anybody have any thoughts or experience with this??
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

I do! I had repo. cancer, and went from Texas to Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, and had surgical menopause....WHEW..... My husband and I own an independent pharmacy, and after sooooo many trips to various Dr's (even the Johns Hopkins ones, only hand out Rx's for the synthetic hormones, which are the ones that cause cancer in the studies)... we went back to school to get certified in BHRT. I got to be friends with Dr. David Zava himself, at several seminars, certifications, and made him help me get balanced out. I had a radical hysterectomy, so I had zero hormones, and my adrenal glands were stressed from the cancer, surgery, immediate menopause, stress in general, so I also treated my adrenal glands. The research is that the only true indicator of hormones in your system is the saliva test...go to ZRT Laboratory or ZRT labs.... We have the free kits at our pharmacy too, if you need it, and they'll fax us a copy of the results, and we can help advise you too.... Suzanne's book is great, there's several others too.... Dr. James Wilson's book on Adrenal Fatigue, Dr. Christine Northrups book on Nutrition for menopausal women, just go look at Barnes and Noble, and stick with bio-identical hormones!! We raise horses too, have a breeding farm, and I promise you, our systems aren't anything like a pregnant mares, and Premarin is not bio-identical! And, natural progesterone is not the same as Progestin....! There's also 3 types of estrogen, the bad estrogen is estrone, the better is estradiol, the good is estriol, in fact in the UK, they use estriol to prevent breast cancer....its what our bodies produce when we are breast feeding, its God's way of making sure we don't get breast cancer while lactating.....its breast productive.... Let me know if we can help! splashes@hughes.net
    You'll feel soooo much better when you are balanced!
    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

The more I read, the more I learn. Thanks Tough!
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
      X