wonderful experience with Doctor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I visited my doctor last week and she was very supportive of me trying topomax. She gave me a three week sample..., and said to call her if I wanted to continue. She also asked to read the introduction to MWO book, so I left the book with her.

rom, congratulations on a good start. You are doing this the right way. With a good Dr. supporting you I believe it will be much easier to stay with the program. At least you won?t have to worry about getting your topamax shipments on time and all the distractions surrounding off shore drugs. Welcome, we are glad to have you here.
    Bear

Comment

wonderful experience with doctor

rom,

Welcome aboard, I'm glad you found an enlightened and open-minded doctor. In this field I fear they are few and far between; I think that a lot of them have the "doctor on a pedestal" syndrome and don't like being confronted with something about which they're uninformed - so it's easier for them to dismiss the whole thing out-of-hand. As studies and clinical trials add up hopefully they'll become less defensive. All the best,

Kath

Comment

I have a Dr's appointment on Dec. 6th

I'm still feeling a little afraid about this and I'm not sure at all what my Dr's stance will be on this. I am going to print out all the supporting materials, and take the book with me also.

I don't know why I'm so nervous, I think its the side effects of the meds, but then I figure, they can't be as bad as being in an hungover fog all the dang time either!

Comment

Re: I have a Dr's appointment on Dec. 6th

I too felt nervous; both in discussing this with my doctor(she is a female in her 40's and I am a male in my 50's) and about side effects. I scheduled myself for an annual physical exam and planned to show her the Lancet report, but I chicken out on showing her the report. Fortunately, she asked me about my drinking habits..., and we spent the next twenty minutes discussing the my way out program. She said there has been very few side effects from Topomax with her patients.

Comment

Working...
          X