New Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Here

I have done a lot of research and have decided to try this program. My whole family has a drinking problem. I bought all of the supplements today, ordered the cd's and made an appointment with my doctor. I have ordered the Topamax form a Mexico pharmacy in case he does not give me the script. I actually work for a doctor but could never share this problem with him. I am now drinking my 4th glass of wine for the evening usually 3 to 6. God I hope this works.

New Here

Hi There! Welcome, and good luck! Your nightly wine habit is much like mine, anywhere from 3-6 (generous!) glasses per night, usually on the high end. I will be interested to hear about your experience with Topamax, since I just started on Tuesday, and right now I am starting the program without the meds. I'm with you, I hope this program works. I just don't see myself going the AA route, so a program like this seems like my only hope.

Kim

Comment

New Here

Jane,
      This post was from 2005. Didn't know if you noticed!
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

New Here

I didn't notice, either, Jane! :H:H
        J -vo, you are on the ball!
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

New Here

I didn't notice either and was just about to post!
          I do hope utmuse and Kim found their way out…

Comment

New Here

I just wanted to say one more thing - Jane, I definitely could relate to your post. I was on Topamax for 3-4 months last year…for a month I'd say that I was able to somewhat abstain from alcohol but I drank every weekend…and yes, I got totally batshit banana sandwich crazy if I got drunk on that Topa. Ooooh boy. But I do agree with you and think everyone should consult a doctor before they decide to even consider taking a drug that can only be prescribed. You never know the side effects. I didn't have too many (except that terrible tingling) but I was only getting worse at this time too and I finally decided to come off it.
            Anywho…just wanted to throw that in there.

Comment

New Here

lol i didn't notice too anyway mate Goodluck to you
              Alcohol will hit you bad but you can always turn your back
              Alcohol can bring a lot of misery but there is a solution because it's not a mystery
              Alcohol will give you pleasure but in the future it will give you pain that you cannot treasure

Comment

New Here

Jane, even if this is an old thread, I love these descriptions!

"Weekend at Bernie's wasted" :alf:
                "Totally batshit banana sandwich crazy" :banana:
                "Bobble head drunk"
                :dancin:

If only the FDA and the drug companies could be this forthright when they listed potential side effects.

On a serious note, I have grave concerns when I read some of the medical advice being given away here for off-label drug use. It's really tragic that at least two people here have overdosed and died. Yes, they left this community because they were using strong drugs without any medical supervision (Lo0p and Stinky). :h

I totally agree with you that despite our embarrassment about alcohol abuse, we should swallow our pride and find a doctor that can help us deal with our addiction.
                "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
                so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
                :hug:

Comment

Working...
                X