1 week and trying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 week and trying

I have been on topa for 1 week and made it 3 days without a drink, but have had a drink each day since. I feel terrible about this. I feel like I have already failed! Does it get any easier as the topa dose increases. Any advice?

1 week and trying

Hi Trying

Firstly, don't be too hard on yourself. I was on topa for a week and had a few beers after about four days. You definitely have not failed - this is not an AA type programme and there are no failures here.

I found that the longer I was on topamax the less I craved alcohol. In fact the cravings went away completely and today it's been 7 weeks since I had a drink.

Hang in - it will get easier

Misha_io

Comment

1 week and trying

tiara_GRIMRS@helcome

Comment

1 week and trying

1 week and trying

nans,

What is Kudzu and where do you get it? Do you think it really helps?

thanks trying

Comment

1 week and trying

Trying,

You really should buy the book or download it online. Not trying to push it, but the supplements and other ideas suggested in it really help, in my opinion. (which include kudzu) I have not drank in a week, and I haven't even started to topamax yet. Kudzu is an herb to help with cravings. You can get it in health food stores, online, etc.

Jen

Comment

1 week and trying

Hey
            It will get easier. I had the same experiance and still do. I don't get depressed about it, I push along make corrections in my head and follow the advice of some of the others on the site who are into it longer and it gets better. You have a drink, so what. Next time try to hold off a little longer. Then next time a little longer. I thought it was all going to stop the first day I took the pills. It doesn't. You have to let it work. It will. The I-glutimate on the toungue WORKS!

Comment

1 week and trying

Hi all
              I just want to tell you that i have not had a drink for 6 days,WOW! I have a clear head but my body aches from head to foot,I am sure this is withdrawl, I have bought some none alcoholic wine and when the urges come I get the same large glass out and do the this is my time routine and this has helped, I am on all the supps tapes and this site, I am afraid of the meds as my father was an epileptic and I do not want to swap one problem for another, I am just going to keep going this way,because I know my health will not stand any more abuse, thanks for being there and listening, best wishes to you all and keep trying, one drink less is an acheivment.
              take care
              Terssy

Comment

1 week and trying

6 days is a huge deal Tressy, you keep it going!! I'm going to be right behind you.... Day 1 for me today.

Keep up the great work!!

JJ

Comment

1 week and trying

1 week and trying

Hi Trying,

The only way you fail is if you give up. We all stumble, sometimes we fall. It gives us the opportunity to reassess where we are, what we're doing and how we can improve. I have such respect for the people like yourself who DON'T give up, because I know how difficult and at times discouraging the process can be. But it IS a process, not a one-shot deal, and we can all relate to that. So hang in there, we're all rooting for you.

Kath

Comment

Working...
                  X