X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terssy - talk to me

Hi Terssy

You seem so distressed!

We're both in England, and keep missing out on directly corresponding and I've no idea how to set up individual links. And we are drinking similarly by the sound of it and are in the same state of worry about it. A messy website - how do we keep in touch because I feel we ought to?

I'm a month into the programme and can see some changes: I've gone off coffee, totally, which I used to love; I've gone off food, in combination with a really bad fortnight's cold, and dropped weight - half a stone, - which I don't mind but didn't plan; I am losing interest in cigarettes, which problem I'd planned to leave for the future. I've lost interest in red wine: two open bottles in the kitchen I can only look at with loathing. But so far: still not stopping intake of favourite tipple of white wine: around two bottles a night. Maybe my addictions are gradually fading out?

Have the elements of the programme. Am now doing the hypnotic tapes intensively; have all the supplements (can advise on British sources, except for ALLONE). I get the TOP drug off line. This week up to the 150mg dose level: hoping for changes.

Where are you on starting the programme? It has obviously worked for so many people?

Do reply

Cheers

Dunnock

Terssy - talk to me

Terrssy talk to me

Are u notiing any change in your desire for white wine?

Comment

Terssy - talk to me

Hi dunnock
      as you can tell I am not very good at this computer thing, and yes you are right I am awfull at the moment I have reached an all time low with my health cheat pain right arm pain I need to see my GP but am afraid why? thanks for seeking me out I have some of the supps and the tapes arrived yesterday so I tried them last night so I am keeping my fingers crossed, the wine story is great you only drink white now that sounds great and you may be right one addiction at a time, well done,
      I am in Liverpool and am a proffessional Social worker and counsellor and have been for 24 years, I know all the answers and tell myself them every night, this wine is killing you, yes I know, I say to myself as I hold the pain, so were does that come from, IDIOT or what, don't I go on, thanks for listening its not all bad I can get through a night without wine when I am so ill I am unable to drink

keep in touch need you
      regards
      terssy

Comment

Terssy - talk to me

Terssy-talk to me

Dunnock and Terssy - Hang in there, Rome wasn't built in a day. The only way we lose is if we stop trying. Terssy, I can relate to your situation of being a social worker and telling yourself all the right answers; I'm an addictions counselor (how's that for ironic!) and am taking time off to get my life back on track. I have to run but just know that we can do this, let's all stay focused on our goal. Best of luck,

Kathy

Comment

Terssy - talk to me

Re: Terssy-talk to me

Hi Kathy
          you bet you know how I feel nice to hear from you,I am having trouble with my health, I feel sure its due to the booze but I am fearful of seeing my GP,but I dint know why,I will get up the courage soon, I hope, hang on in there.
          hi dunnock we are definatley not alone and I feel great knowing you are there
          take care
          erssy

Comment

Terssy - talk to me

Be strong

Terssy - one thing this list has shown me is just how many other responsible professional folk there are out there with similar kind of drinking problems - and for years I thought it was just me . . . - so don't feel guilty (enough to worry about without the guilt trip). And I wouldn't worry too much about seeing your doctor (doctors have a pretty high alcoholism rate themselves, you know). Mine was pretty good when I first 'fessed my problem about five years ago. And yes - since you ask, I've still got my love affair with a decent bottle of white wine, or two, and it's still what I' m thinking about when I'm coming home from work, feeling pretty shattered.

Not quite the success story yet. Hope you have more luck.

Regards

Dunnock

Comment

Terssy - talk to me

Re: Be strong

Hi Dunnock
              great to hear from you and knowing you are coming from the same situation as me loads of work worry and stress loads of wine to go with it,I am still waiting for some more supps have the tapes and am using them with my fingers cross,I feel I have abandand all responsability for my actions, even though I know my health will not take any more and I am starting to look Ill,people are asking me are you not well? I am just tired I reply whats that all about?. Tonight I have not had a drink, wow I recived to kaduz today and have started them have had 3 and will take them with the other supps and see how it goes, I shoud be saying I will then give up drinking but I don't,I am sure I will see the light soon I hope so, enough about me are you still on the white wine to the same extent and are you feeling any difference at all toward it, I hope so you seem to have conqured all the other things in your life, keep on trying other on the site seem to be getting there I am sure we will
              thanks for being there
              regards
              Terssy

Comment

Terssy - talk to me

Re: Be strong

Came across your posting and felt very connected.... I am just starting out and am very unsure about how things will work out. My work and job stress are extreme (for now anyway) so I am very sympathetic. One piece of information I received in talking LOTS of us in this situation is this: It probably took a while to get into the state that I am in; don't think it can be cured instantly. Falling back into the 'cesspool' doesn't mean you failed, just means you need a bath and clean clothes.....

Please keep trying. BEST wishes!

Juliette

Comment

Working...
                X