How do you like your bread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do what it says on the packet....mix the contents with some milk then put it in a 2lb loaf tin.
    Bake it for about an hour.

This is fabulous, heavy tasty bread. Divine with butter and honey. Or peanut butter.

I know what you're thinking....she goes away for months, comes back without so much as a 'by your leave' and comes up with a recipe made from a packet........actually, I am almost ashamed of myself but for this bread I'll get over it!

This stuff is made in Ireland but sells in the UK at independent food outlets. Not sure if you can get it anywhere else in the world.......
    Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Yes, I was thinking that. You read my mind. Maybe your next recipe could have three ingredients?
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Well, you could always spit in the mix. That would make 3 ingredients.

Lushy, that was the best 'welcome back' a girl could hope for
      Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

I've been gone for ages, too. I agree that dark, heavy, artisan bread is mmmMMMM! I don't think I can get this product in the USA, but I'll see if my sister can locate some for me over there and mail it (will probably cost $100...postage has gotten ridiculous...)
        Jane Jane

Comment

Hi Jane Jane

I had some more of that bread today...it was heavenly....and stuck to my ribs so well lol :H

My OH likes the puffed up white stuff....yuck!...like eating cotton wool!

I'm still a bit absent on the board....how about you?

Suze x

Comment

Hello Suze---First time back since last post---sorry I just now saw your reply! I strayed off the site because I felt I was becoming a bit dependent on it for amusement rather than support (the giving OR receiving of it) and it was just occupying too much time, following the juicy threads like mini soap operas.

But as this thread is about bread---I'll say that I'm more into it than ever after my spring France trip to do a cooking week in Provence. An expert on ancient artisan methods showed us some wonderful things, but he used "wild yeast" which I cannot get here.

Did I drink wine in France? Oh, of COURSE! But I was nonetheless up at 7 every morning, putting on that apron and working in the teacher's kitchen.

How are you?
            Jane Jane

Comment

How do I like my bread?

All in 50's and 100's

Comment

Working...
              X