Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R you quiting and have a partner that won't?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wondering if there is some else out there that has a partner that won't quit drinking even tho you are trying?????
    All alone. :

partner tha wont

HI,
    I am not in your situation it must be so hard when you are living with someone and you've got to battle on and you are faced with them drinking .my partner isn't much of a drinker but I haven't talked to him about how bad it's got coz I'm ashamed I did go to AA once and when he found out he didn't understand why I had gone doesn't think I've got a problem but then he wouldn't I hide it very well!!!It's almost like I don't want to tell him because it will be really out in the open and then if I slip up theres no where to hide and he'll be watching what I drink.Just taken kudzu got a nasty metallic taste at back of my throat.Oh well just thought I'd let you know someone is here.

Comment

Re: partner tha wont

Thank you for the response. It is a hard situation you are in too. My husband of 16 years...well we are going to separate. with both of us drinking there has been to many harsh words to each other and he is not willing to change. I don't ask for much...I ask of him to participate in the family more, help around the house more, buy me a rose once in a while what would it hurt? We have been so the opposite over the last few years. He only has time for work, baring, and buds. We have one child left at home age 16 in April. She loves her father but would rather not live with him. I?m sorry I think I am venting...I'd love to chat more...maybe IM's or email... Good luck with your situation. I'll be thinking of you. Sunny

Comment

Hi There, I found this site while searching for drugs to help with craving. I was having the morning after regrets and for at least the 100th time, swearing this time I was going to quit. I should say that I had three full years of sobriety in AA that proved incredibly effective. I relapsed in May of this year and because my husband also has a serious problem with alcohol, I don't stand much of a chance without help. I love AA but feel very awkward returning, besides, the time required for meetings is somewhat intrusive for a family. I went to my doc and asked for Campral and it really is working. I need the book though, and probably the cd's.
        Thanks for being here!!! Lori

Comment

I hear you!

My husband also has a problem with alcohol. He saw his MD last Monday and vowed to try to break the habit. That gave me the incentive to get started. Unfortunately, he is still drinking a bottle of wine/day. It makes it hard when there is an open bottle in the refrig. If I can keep up my non-drinking for another few days, I will bring up the subject. I just don't want to do it when I am irritated and disappointed.
          I really hope we can find our way out of this.
          Dee

Comment

Re: I hear you!

Hi DeeBee,
            Thanks for the reply, sometimes it feels like you're the only one with these circumstances. It's so nice to know there are others persevering in spite of the odds. Please e-mail often if you have victories or struggles to share. Anyone else out there? Let's not do this alone.
            Lori

Comment

RE: I hear you

Listened to the hypno CD for the 1st time last night. Then put the sleep learning one on. My husband suggested a different CD, but I told him this was important and he was very supportive. He even said that he might be doing the whole thing himself some time. Maybe if I succeed, he will be more inclined to try.
              Today was a full day of cleaning and yard work. I am beat and was going to allow myself 1 glass of wine. However, he finished the bottle before I got to it and now, I don't think I will need any tonight. I guess he may have done me a favor.
              Dee

Comment

Re: I hear you!

wishing things were better here. Husband and I have lost sight of the love we once had for each other due to drinking. He stopped caring about me and my feelings long ago. It is now taken its toll on our marrage and we are seporating. After 16 yrs. I never beleived it would come to this. I was good for 7 days and fell off Friday night when he said it was for sure this time over. He continues to drink. I just stay away from it and him. looks like I'll be moving out come the first. I am hoping to buy the book this week. Haven't gotten the vits yet. I am taking what I have here already. It pays to eat well and take the vits.. Wishing you well. Hope you and your husband can work together through this painful time. Its not easy for one and have the other still drink.

Comment

hey there

hey i dont no u but i think u should stop its for ur own good i hope u quit:rollin :rollin :rollin

Comment

hey girl

hope ur husband does stop before something worse happens

Comment

Hi Sunny,

I have been trying to mail you privately, but it isn't working! Mail to me soon with tips if you can. I'd love the friendship right now.
                      Best wishes
                      Lori

Comment

Lori,

I sent you a message to your inbox

Comment

Hay Lori, sorry I've been so busy...my email: sunnytb6663@comcast.net Or Yahoo Messenger: sunnyb6663
                          looking forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Working...
                          X