I'm new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new here

Hi all. I'm new here and just want to make sure my post goes through ( I've had some problems)

I'll add more when I know that my user name and pass is OK

I'm new here

Hi lovecarps...welcome!!! There are plenty of people like you here.

Comment

I'm new here

Re: I'm new here

lovecarps,

Great name! Let me add my welcome too. By the way, if you're having trouble signing up (and this seems to be a problem for a lot of people...this software just isn't friendly) RJ posted a toll free number you can call where they can help you. It's 1-866-505-5518.

Amy

Comment

I'm new here

thanks for the feedback

Hi all,

I'm new here and thanks for the welcome.
        I've been drinking MUCHO for a while and want to stop or control. I've never had a problem before, but recently I've found a compulsion to drink, so I'm just getting my arms around this one.
        I drink despite the fact that my husband doesn't and I have a 13 year old and don't want to bequeath this addiction to him, whether it be DNA or behavior.
        I can't seem to stop, despite a "happy" life.
        I love my husband, love my son, yet I still feel the need to drink in the afternoons.
        I'm a glass half-empty sort of person, but it's never manifested itself in such negative behavior.
        I find myself lying to my husband (a prince) just to drink. I don't understand what compels me to do this when it is adversly affecting my family life.

I think I need to try Topa, but am reluctant to see my family physician and going through the whole offline thing.
        Is there somewhere that I can easily obtain Topa without a scrip?
        I certainly don't want to abuse, but I want help.

Thankis for any feedback

Comment

I'm new here

Re: thanks for the feedback

See the first post on the general information board. There are a few websites listed on there that are links to overseas carriers of topamax where you don't need a prescription.

Comment

I'm new here

thanks!

Thanks for the info.
            I'll google a little harder and see what I come up with.

Thanks for the support. It really means the world

Comment

I'm new here

Re: thanks!

hey lovecarps

Welcome to the forum. You'll find many people with similar drinking stories in here and it's a marvellous way to support each other on our way to feeling better about ourselves and either controlling or stopping our drinking.

Chat soon....

Misha

Comment

I'm new here

New here

Hi lovecarps,

I'm been reading the posts for weeks waiting for my supplements to arrive. Did the doctor thing on Friday and he was fantastic, much to my relief. I gave him all the material which he read over the weekend. He's backing me 100% and I finally picked up my Topa yesterday and took 25mg about 5pm.

Don't know what to say other than I was really worried it wouldn't work. Even after one tablet and taking probably half the supplements, I had two glasses of champagne last night over 3 hours and threw half a glass away at the end of the night. I didn't sleep well, had the sweats, but that was probably a bit of withdrawal. I usually have up to 8 glasses a night. Also had some way out scary dreams but it all fades into insignificance compared to the fact that I could stop at 1.5 glasses.... WOW! I'm so excited.

If you have a good rapport with your doctor and really trust them, I would recommend making an appointment. It's really hard but you will feel better than having to go offshore and worry about whether you are doing the right thing. I fully believe the supplements will helps to minimise side affects as well as drinking heaps of water.

Look luck to you

Comment

I'm new here

new here

Hi Rails
                  hope the names right
                  you seem to have it together with the meds and supps, do you ask the GP to prescribe in a different way need help on this my head is all over the place, can you support thanks a million
                  terssy

Comment

I'm new here

New here too - checking out the system

Into third week of programme with little success so far (but it does make the usual drinking and hangover experience rather different . . .) but still hoping for miracles. Any suggestions? I think I've just got a suicidal tendency to want to challenge sensible help-giving support programmes.

Any UK based people around who can consult on getting hold of the US dietary supplements? Seems to me worth a budget airline flight shopping trip to New York over the Xmas period to save on excessive carriage charges. Any New Yorkers please advise - where would one go on a very brief visit to get these (it's ALL ONE (presumably a year's supply) and Calms Forte I can't source in the UK).

Comment

I'm new here

Re: New here too - checking out the system

Hi dunnock, and welcome!

Just curious: when you say you're in your third week, have you been doing all the aspects of the program? Hypno CD's? Have you started any medication? I started the supplements several weeks before the cd's and medication, and found that, although I felt a little "different", the big change didn't occur until all the pieces were in place. I think the genius of this program is its holistic approach.

Good luck obtaining your supplements. I know there was one person recently who posted from Ireland, and we do have at least one New Yorker who might be able to give you suggestions.

Mike

Comment

I'm new here

starting over

Thanks for the reply, Mike. Did sort of start with everything hastily gathered together but was being a bit chaotic about it all. Not quite all the supplements - had the hypnotic stuff and the Topamax; this coincided with heavy work demands so wasn't very disciplined about listening to the tapes.

There isn't going to be an easy miracle here, is there?
                        (As a child, my grandfather used to quote me a gloomy little Christina Rosetti poem: 'Does the road wind up the hill all the way?'. And I'd chime in happily with the next line: 'Yes, to the very end'. Oh, it does, doesn't it . . .).

Comment

I'm new here

All One

Hi Dunnock,

I'm in Brooklyn, NY. I never got the Calms Forte since I fall asleep easily and don't need it. All One I found easily at a local health food store, I would guess if you came to NYC you could find it at most GNC's or Vitamin Shoppes, or any of the major chains. If you plan a trip to NYC, I am happy to make some calls and see, but I don't think you would have a problem here. It is still pricey though!

Ann

Comment

I'm new here

New York

Thanks to Ann for advice - and something to take my mind off alcohol. If I do plan my vitamin shopping trip to New York over the Xmas/New Year period it would be brilliant if you could could put me in touch with people who could tell me where to go for economy shopping. Any UK/Ireland people out there: not planning on major importi.ing but would be glad to help out if you want to contact me.

Hey! Fun! Never done the States and never thought i'd it would be for the reason of buying vitamimin suplements

Cheers

Dunnock

Comment

I'm new here

NY visit

Hi Dunnock
                              what a good idea atrip to NY I am certainly up for that i am new to this and no one seems to answer me is it something I say I am still on 2 bottles a day and am terrified of stopping ordered all the supps tapes ect" but am still afraid what the matter with me I have yet to see the GP will she be surpeised as I am the local consellor and people supporter so you can imagine how I feel about the visit if I don't stop I will just die my health is really suffering now maybe thats the way to go then no one will know can anyone help have you been were I am now
                              regards
                              terssy Liverpool UK

Comment

Working...
                              X