Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the Program

Hello everyone,

I am CC and I live in Canada. Twenty five years of weekend binge drinking (wine is my preference) has gradually spilled over (no pun intended) into weeknights that has affected my family and work performance. Once again in 'another' desperate attempt to fix my problem I came across this remarkable program. I ordered the book, armed myself with the supps got started and was finally able to get the topa from an understanding doctor. I am still waiting for the all one product to arrive from the U.S. (it's not available in Canada).
    I have not had a drink in 3 1/2 weeks. The odd craving does rear it's ugly head on occasion but I am able to manage. Next week I start week 3 with the topa.
    I have been reading this board for the last 5 weeks and found it to be most inspirational and motivational. You have a great support group here and lots of good information to share.
    I'm glad I found you.

New to the Program

new to program

Hi cc,
    thats so good 3 1/2 weeks I got the supps and the all one you can get it here in uk but still waiting on topas from mexico my dr laughed at me when I mentioned topas and said she'd be struck off if she supplied anything off perscription.I went 5 days no wine just juice really proud of myself thought my cravings had gone down alot then it got to friday partner working late drank whole bottle of wine and was sulky with him when he got in.Feel ashamed today whole weekend on my own with kids he's working again I get so lonely
    The kudzu seemed to have an effect in the week don't know what happened at weekend need the topas and cds and do the whole program I think you have to follow it to the letter to really succeed.
    how r you finding it are you doing the exercise? welcome to friends that understand.

Comment

New to the Program

Re: new to program

Thank you for your reply.
      Don't beat yourself up over a little slip. You seem like you have set a goal and that is the main objective. I think most of my luck so far is due to the topa, the supps and especially the dosage of kudzu I am taking. This herb was very difficult for me to find in Canada. The only one I could find is made by Natures Way and are 613mg capsules. I am taking 3 of these a day as scheduled with the others and sometimes another later at night if I get the urge.This dosage is many many many times higher than the book suggests however it is working for me.
      I don't have the CD's and am considering ordering them. They seem to have a very positive effect from what I've read on here.
      All the best
      CC

Comment

New to the Program

Re: new to program

Forgot to mention the excercise. I walk 3 miles about 4 times a week either outside or on the treadmill. I've been doing that for at least the last 5 years, so that is not new to me.

Comment

New to the Program

new to program

Thanks for reply
          my kudzu are 750 mg I was abit worried about taking too many because the dosage in the book is alot less but it does say on bottle 3 x daily so I will try and take 3 aday .I am going to visit my sister in oz in nov she likes her wine and all her friends seem to be drinkers oh well got to survive a month out there.No sign of my topas from mexico. thats quite abit of exercise you do you look like you are off to a good start good luck
          poppy

Comment

New to the Program

I can't wait to start

All,
            I have just been reading and reading and am getting quite hopefull about all your stories. I am really at my wits end, I have no idea why I do this and frankly I don't know how I manage to get away with it. My family must think I am the most tired person in the world. I really can't wait to start just to get to the point that I can feel like I can make a decision.
            I read the book and ordered the topa but haven't actually started yet since I have no meds.
            Where do you get kudzu in Canada, can you buy it in a health food store or did you have to order it.

You guys make me feel great it is like finally there is hope.
            Thank you for your inspiration!:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :lol :lol :lol

Comment

New to the Program

just an initial test

I appreciate hearing that I am not alone, but want to make sure I successfully sign on.

Comment

New to the Program

Re: Kudzu

Chadonnay, like you said about your kudzu, I too am well within the recommended daily dosage according to the bottle'
                instructions so I am not concerned and it is working for me. To answer miserymouse's question as to where to buy kudzu in Canada check your health food stores. I phoned around and asked before going out to look. The first store I called was waiting for a shipment, the 2nd store had one bottle left (which they held for me), then I found another store that had it and I bought the only 2 bottles they had left just to make sure I had enough on hand. Bottom line is.....it is out there....at least in Ontario.
                Antifun....welcome aboard....you will find a good group of people here.
                My 'all one' arrived today. Can't wait to try it tomorrow morning.
                Good luck to everyone. And Chardonnay good luck with your visit to Oz.

Comment

New to the Program

Thanks

Hi CC
                  Thanks for the info, I am in Ontario too so hopefully not so difficult to get. I did pretty well yesterday, not as well today but by the time I have some kudzo or topa I hopefully will not get too distracted or caught up in what really makes me go for the first of the day.

Thanks again
                  MM

Comment

New to the Program

Kudzu

Hi CC and Chardonnay,

(Gosh, typing that just reminded me of two of my favorite drinks.... anyway....)

Just wanted to add a post back regarding kudzu dosage. It's actually quite safe to take more than 750 mg 3x per day. My doctor, who has been keeping up with the literature on it, recommends 2 to 3 grams 3x per day, as it is more effective at the higher dose with no side effects.

You might want to check out the Research link; you may find more info there. I know there are also some folks on the board who are taking higher doses of kudzu (without topa or other prescription drugs) and are finding it helpful in reducing cravings.

I'm still at the 750 mg dose until I get some that I am ordering in bulk powder form. It should be much more affordable that way!

Mike

Comment

New to the Program

Re: Kudzu

Mike

Thanks for your input on the Kudzu. Like I said I don't feel shy uping the dosage as the bottle recommends taking 2 of the 613mg capsules 3X a day and I have certainly exceeded the books 3 daily dose several times now. As per your doctor suggesting 2-3 grams..wow....now that's a big jump. Will wait for your reaction over time. Although you say no side effects.
                      It would be nice to know that the Kudzu could totally eliminate the topa for me at some point. I'm at 75 mg of topa right now and would like to max out at 100 or 150 tops.
                      Time will tell. So far I'm doing good. Not a drink since I started.

CC

Comment

New to the Program

kudzu

Hi cc & everyone on post,
                        I feel alot better about kudzu now I do worry with all the tablets I'm now taking I feel like I'm rattleling!!My topas arrived I could only afford 40 25mg and 20 100mg but I thought it's better than nothing and if there is a dramatic change in my drinking behaviour I'm just gonna have to get on line quick and order more that lot cost me $114.00 but when I think what I must spend a month on bottles of white wine it's worth it.Took most of the supps kudzu and my topas yesterday and I can't explain the feeling it was sort of surreal like wheres the agitation the crave the annoyance of not having any wine in can it really work that quickly?
                        I do feel like my body buzzing abit and I shifted down a gear in my reactions but I slept alright.We've got people coming over for dinner at weekend that will be interesting normally in the kitchen guzzleling wine on my own!! must master the exercise program keep putting off going. take care hope all is well thanks for help.

Comment

New to the Program

Re: kudzu

Happy to hear that your topa arrived Chadonnay. You are really on your way. You will be amazed at how quickly the desire to drink will disappear.
                          You are right about the cost..of everything actually...... especially with exchange on the $ and shipping etc... but when you compare it to the money spent on alcohol it is peanuts. I shutter to think of what I have paid out in booze over the years. Lucky for me my topa is through prescription so I am hoping my insurance company will pay.....funny though I haven't been reimbursed yet.
                          Good luck in having your friends over for dinner on the weekend. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at your new reduced appetite for wine or any alcohol. I can relate to your guzzeling wine in the kitchen alone away from the guests.....I was always checking the roast just to get away to 'down a couple'.
                          I've had a 1/2 litre of white wine in the fridge for the last 4 weeks and it hasn't called my name once.
                          Take care....and think positive

Comment

New to the Program

First day AF am soo scared, I've been reading this webpage for about 2 weeks and this is the day for me to cut down initially and stop eventually
                            thanks for all your help and support

Comment

New to the Program

Welcome Lillyrose:welcome: Congratulations on your decision to get in control of al. You say that you are scared, that is a very normal reaction. We all feel that when going al free. Have you looked at the ToolBox thread? It has heaps of ideas for you to help you through withdrawal if thats where you are at and lots of help with continuing the fight. Stay on these boards, post on whatever threads you like, you will be warmly welcomed by everyone. We are in this together and united we can take on al and beat it. I will check in later to see how you are getting on. Regards Saffy
                              I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Working...
                              X