Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts

I have viewed this site for the past month and have been on Topa for the past 10 days and Kudzu just today. Despite having a few nips today, I do feel a difference in the way I view drinking thus far. This site has been an incredible resource for hearing from others who share the same problem that I suffer from. I'm sure you can all say...it's no longer fun. But nonetheless, I finally, went to see my MD and received Topa and am now up to 25mg twice per day. The fatigue is getting getting better and the cravings are as well. I won't beat myself up so much for giving in so soon today because it was not as much as usual. Thanks!

Thoughts

Hey, as long as you're making progress that satisfies you, that's the important thing. And if you slip, as many of us do along the way, don't beat yourself up. It's not a competition and no-one here is better than anyone else.

It's amazing how the actual cravings are blunted huh? Even those constant thoughts of when the next drink will be or how to get over the last one - they just seem to evaporate.
    The fatigue for me only lasted about three weeks and now, in my 12th week, it's totally gone.

Fun? Well, my drinking was fun for a few years in my youth then it became something I had to do. Even in later years, I sought that "fun" first hour or so when I got that buzz and felt like I was a million bucks. To be sure, it was fun of a sort but that faded into oblivion as I drank more and when the next morning thundered in, as it always does, that old despair was back - as black and oppressive and a thick blanket.

I wish you well on your journey and hope that the nips don't get bigger.

Mish

Comment

Working...
    X