any one new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any one new

Hi I haven't started the program yet. Looking for someone else that is new.
    Lin

any one new

I've been coming for a few weeks, but I am "new" I haven't completely started yet I have everything but the Topa, still waiting for it. I have the book, cd's, supplements. But am only using the l-glutamine and the kudzo. The other ones make me ill so I am saving that torture untill the topa arrives. I had a bad night last night seems I am going every other day up and down. The kudzo doesn't really help with the wanting but does make me sleepy so that I go to bed earlier and end up drinking a little less. Anyway I could go on but I am tired and crabby from last night so I will spare everyone my mood. But I am glad you are here, and I can relate to much of what you write about. Keep in touch. Jenn

Comment

any one new

Hi Jenn,

What happened last night? Your topa hasn't arrived yet? You ordered from the same place as I did, didn't you? How are your kids? I am on week two of the topamax, so I really think it will help you...let me know what's going on.

Jen

Comment

any one new

Hi Lin,

I have been looking for you. I read one of your posts and it sounds like we have a lot in common. Do you know how to use the box so everyone can't read it? I would really like to talk to you about your family life situation and how you deal with it. I started topa 3 weeks ago.

ultr1234

Comment

any one new

Jen,

No I haven't gotten it yet. I got another email yesterday saying that it had been shipped on the 26th. So who knows. Nothing out of the ordinary happened last night. Just couldn't get a handle on this again. Sigh. My kids are wonderful. God love them. They making me keep on with this. How about you?? Hopefully the topa will be here soon. Take care.-Jenn

Comment

any one new

Ultr: I haven't a clue but I would like to do that as well. Maybe someone thats been posting longer than us can give us some hints. I got yelled at for posting on the other site too much, so I would very much like to be able to communicate with someone out of here that won't mind how many times i post. Can anyone out there help us new trying to get sober people with this question? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.:

Comment

any one new

Hi Jen: I just found this spot last Thursday. I was home with a hangover swearing I would never drink again. I starte looking for something on line that I thought might be helpful.
              I found out about the book and this place. I have not got the book yet nor any of the medication. I'm trying to cut back on my own. Not really easy, but I'm not doing bad.
              Keep in touch.
              Lin

Comment

any one new

Hi Lin,

I haven't started the program either and this is my first time replying to anyone. I am anxiuos to start the program. I sounds like it's could be quite successful.

SF

Comment

any one new

let me know when u get the book maybe we can start together what do u think?
                  lin

Comment

any one new

SF I hope for all of us this works. It's sounds to me we are a group that really wants to turn our life around and I hope we can.

Lin

Comment

any one new

Ultr read message I sent you on stop by and say hi.

Comment

any one new

Anyone new?

Hi All,

I'm kinda new too! I've been on the program (tweeked a little) for 5 weeks now. Read and LOVED the book....have and listen to the CD's. I decided to try the medication, Campral, instead of Topa (reasons for side effects). This drug is great! I have decided that abstinence is the better choice for me. Within 1 week it takes effect. No more cravings! The best thing is that there are virtually no side effects (at least none that I have experienced). I read this forum daily. Everyone has been a true inspiration. I do not go to AA for reasons of shame. I work as a Professional in my community and have not been able to go public w/ my drinking problem (except for this forum). Thank you to all that share your experiences. You are a strong thread that is holding me together.
                        Please keep in touch.
                        Stac:b

Comment

any one new

Re: Anyone new?

Hey Stac,

I'm five weeks too, and six weeks sober, and like you don't do AA, because it just is so not me. It's really nice to have you here. Quite the motley crew...

Amy

Comment

any one new

New too!

Hey Ya'll:

Finally logged on... Just want to say what a relief to read all your stories. I, too am the BIG A! Have been since my late 20's (now 40's). I've just about finished the book and now concerned about the drugs and supplements. I've become such a harden drinker over the years food is the least of my concern. How can my system tolerate all these viitamins? I'm lucky if I eat a half a sandwich at lunch. I have so many questions, but have children to tend. Any of those who are in my boat (do not want to lose weight, don't have a DR. to prescribe toperal). but yet want and need this program.
                            Please feel free to contact me at gpriest21.comcast.net

Hopefully
                            gp

Comment

any one new

Re: New too!

gp

One of the reasons you need to take the vitamins is because you don't eat right. It is a fact that people who drink excessively don't eat properly. That is one of the problems of treating us. I never wanted to mess up a good drunk with a full stomach. As a matter of fact, even if I was hungry I wouldn't eat in the afternoon because I knew it would take away from my buzz.

This board has a lot of information you need, and a lot of people who can help you through this. You can get back on track. When you finish the book, you will need to get the CD's, Kudzu, Vitamins, and OTC meds. Some people have quit without the prescription drugs, but I believe it takes a special person to be able to do that. I tried without the Rx, but I couldn't make it. There are several drugs now you might want to try, ask questions and you will get answers here from people who are using them.

I think you have come to the right place. Become a registered user and you can get email through EZmail.

Good luck

Bear

Comment

Working...
                              X