crabbiness/irritability into second week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has anyone experienced crabbiness or irritability going into their second week of Topamax? I'm not overly crabby, just a little bit more sensitive than I normally would be to interruptions and the like, especially when I'm trying to read my emails.

It might not be the topamax. I found it to be the alcohol craving. It'll pass. Be patient.

Comment

crabbiness

Thanks for your reply donprin345. I actually don't have the alcohol cravings very much now I have changed the time I take my Topamax. I now take it at 12 midday and really only have a drink with my dinner now, because I like to, not because I have to. I had two glasses of wine last night over three hours and poured myself another after that, but ended up tipping it down the sink. The only reason I poured myself another last night was because of a stressful deadline day at work. An excuse I know, but at least it went down the sink.

Comment

Re: crabbiness

Very good for tipping the last one, I think I'm still at the "l'll finish that one" stage but I am now able to call it quits alot easier. Good luck to you!
        Don

Comment

crabbiness

Yes, I have been Crabby and I don't know why. All my husband has to do is ask me a simple question and I can go off the deep end. It may me cravings...but in the morning? I am generally the happiest then. AND you talk about road rage!!! I am generally considerate of the elderly....oh look out....there is no grace for anyone. Hope this passes soon. I would like my old self back. Is it the medication? My personality seems to have changed. I want to be by myself more and I don't care to talk much...I think mainly because I can't put my thoughts together. I'm sure i'ts just a side effect...or I hope so.

Comment

Hi Cecilia,

I don't necessarily think it's the topa, crabbiness is one of the side affects of withdrawal. RJ even mentions it in her book, and I for one get INCREDIBLY irritable for a few days after stopping or even cutting back. Your central nervous system is used to being quieted down by alcohol, and without it, it goes into overdrive. It does pass after awhile!

Ann

Comment

Cecilia

You sound just like me. Did it stop? What strength were you taking?

Kath

Comment

Kath,

It didn't stop but, I am not as bad...thank God! I do have my emotional up's and downs where I get depressed...I just want to cry for no reason...or mabye there is a reason and I just don't know what it is. I do have to say each and every day does get better though. Hope things are getting better for you. We will get through this....it's better than drinking:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm 97 day sober and still alittle crabby. Hang in there it'll subside
                  sigpicKeep it simple, one day at a time!

Comment

(((Clover)))

I did and am a little bit experiencing crabbiness. But for me, I think it is more depression. Sometimes when I am depressed I get a little angry, luckily I communicate well w/my husband who is also AF day 22 so he cuts me some slack.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Side note: SoberRican1850.....is that the Chargers helmet? Yuk, only saving grace is it's not a Raider's one......

Comment

I made it 41 days without drinking. I recall toward my 30th day I was very irritable. The irritabilty and the anxiety lead me to start drinking again. I just started Campral today. I hope to abstain beyond 41 days this time around. I hate this disease.
                      September 23, 2011

Comment

Working...
                      X