my dr is great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my dr is great

hello everyone, I have been watching this site now for one month.
    I ordered the book w/tapes hopefully it will be soon. I just left my Dr. office and he gave me my happy papers to go along with my new begaining. I'm on my way out
    I have been a drinker since 9th grade I am now 41. I don't touch hard liquoir, It makes me mean, I lllllove beer.I have a wonderful husband and 2 kids. I have worked the same job 20 years next month. my father is a alcoholic
    and living in dedt. I could have more money if i would quit drinking. But not poor. My history is long so another day i will talk about it
    My question is Is anyone taking Camral? How did your Dr. start you off. Mine did this Stop drinking today take lorazepam at nite for one week , next week start campral 1 tab 3x aday the boot up to more the next week. I go back to him in 3 weeks and we can see how its going.

my dr is great

my Dr. is great

I take Campral. My MD perscribed it for me 5 weeks ago. I take 2 pills three time daily (6 in one day). It took a week for it to kick in. To make a long story short, I have not had a drink since I've been taking Campral nor have I even craved one ...(except for the 1st week). The best part is...I've had NO side effects!
    I Love this drug!!!! It is suggested to stay on it for 1 year. Also, abstinence is recommended while taking it.
    Good luck and keep us posted!!!
    Stac:b

Comment

my dr is great

Re: my Dr. is great

Stac

How long where you able to not drink before you started the Campral. I've been getting mixed answers to this question.
      Don

Comment

my dr is great

my Dr. is great

Hi Don,

I was drinking on weekends before I started the Campral. Prior to the drinking "only on weekends", I was a very heavy drinker. My drink of choice was either beer or wine. When I began the Campral, it was with the mind-set that I wanted abstience. After that 1st week, it has totally diminshed all cravings. I am still amazed.
        I never thought I'd see this day. Good luck and keep us posted!

Stac:b

Comment

Working...
        X