Frigging Friday!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frigging Friday!!

So I had 6 glasses of wine on Friday night!!!

Friends came around early Friday afternoon, which wasn?t planned and it tuned out to be an absolute party at our place which went onto the early hours of the morning.

And whilst all of this was going on I had a family crisis to deal with. My baby sister (18)who is overseas staying with my brother, who I have always suspected but have since found out is a druggie had a nasty fight and kicked her out of the flat!! Needless to say I was having a rough time trying to deal with it and my dear Mum whom I have now told the whole story to?. She suspected but didn?t know how bad it was.
    So while I was making phone calls back wards and forwards overseas my glass of wine kept getting filled up whilst the party continued in the other room.

I am so ashamed of myself for slipping like this, I have managed to mod for the last 9 weeks, so this is a real blow and I didn?t even feel a buzz, just felt miserable!! Even when I did join the party I was a bit of a drip just sitting there with a fake smile plastered on my face thinking of the people I normally chat to on MWO and the advice they would give me, but took the next sip anyway?. Drowning my sorrows I suppose.

One good thing did come out of the whole evening, I was chatting to my hubby and telling him that I didn?t want a repeat of it happening again and he agreed with me and told me how proud he was of my modding and even though I had drunk 6 grasses of wine, I was far from pissed and I told him that I wanted to up my game next month and go AF during the week and he wants to do it with me. I never thought he would volunteer to do that!!!

This coming from someone who threatened to leave me because of my drinking not so long ago!!! I never did this to please him, I always did this for me, but to hear him say that just made my day!!

WISHING ALL MY FFELLOW MODDERS AN AWESOME WEEK!:dancin:
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Frigging Friday!!

Oh Dee - sorry to hear about your sister! It's really good your husband is supporting you and plans to go AF with you during the week. My husband always went AF with me - which is really helpful.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Frigging Friday!!

DeeBee,

First off, very sorry about your sister. Remember, though, your health and sobriety (modding) is more important than any of that. It is hard for us to do that but it is true.

Secondly, that is very heartening to hear that your hubby is with you. Wow. What a help that is!!

Good luck on your AF weekdays. I think you will find you feel wonderful!!

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Frigging Friday!!

DeeBee..... I do hope your sister is ok....and it is great about your hubby...

But to me, you are doing great as it was a time to discover just how far you, and you alone, are prepared to take your modding.....so it was 'one of those lessons' you got really well. You weren't pissed and thought of MWO....

So, from me, well done!! Next time - coz (although I so hope your sister is ok now) life's like that and will find something else another time! - you will know it is preferable to get through it with your levels....and hang onto your glass so you know what's being put in it!!

Have a great week!

Love FMSxx
        :heart: c: :heart:
        "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Frigging Friday!!

Sometimes we need to make mistakes in order to learn from them. It sounds like you are making one step back into two forward.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Frigging Friday!!

LOL, definetly have to hold my wine glass closer!! :-)

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in
            getting up every time we do."
            - Confucious
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Frigging Friday!!

hi dee bee druggie drunk same thing but alchohol is legal odd eh like yur mom hav som compassion for yur sistr i didnt no much about drugs till i went to treatment also giv yourself a pat on the back note your back you hav a grip gyco

Comment

Frigging Friday!!

hi deebee. i'm sorry about your hardships of late. seems like you are being much too hard on yourself. you are doing wonderfully and nobody is perfect, as we all know. sometimes we just have to fall so we can get back up, i think. we are all pulling for you, and pulling for all of your family.

Comment

Working...
                X