Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 months ....but...

Hi all,

I am 15 months (barring a few days...) but am feeling like maybe 1 or 2 glasses or a

bottle or 2 might help... not in desperate need of help...just some support to keep on

keeping on with this...is it worth staying totally sober...I feel it is, but the other half of me

says just 1 and relax and let all the day's pressure be eased....have increased exercise but

when I feel a bit down I start eating again...(junk)

Would appreciate some long-termers advice and support....have you gone through this

and any ideas...

Thanks
    Heavenly xx

?We are one another's angels?
    Sober since 29/04/2007

15 months ....but...

Heavenly...DON'T DO IT!!! 15 months is awesome!! How has the journey been for you? Has it been a constant battle or fairly easy?

What is going on that is making you think of taking a drink? I'm sure it is AL talking his BS at you, but don't listen to him. You will never lose your 15 months...but I guarantee you will regret picking it up again. From all I have read here, it is so easy to fall right back into our old pattern.

Ride this feeling out, talk it out, keep coming here, do whatever it takes...but don't give AL the time of day. What I would give to have 15 months of sobriety...good on you!!

R2C
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
    :h

Comment

15 months ....but...

Heavenly,

No, I can't offer advice because you are way beyoind me.

However, that is wonderful, awesome, cool, neat. :H

I really hope someone else with more LONG TERM AF can help you. I understand where you are there. I have been there with 30 days and longer and I KNOW how hard it is when your brain is telling you "go for it."

However, do not let your head win. Your head is simply trying to make you fall back into the same old pattern.

You can beat this. You really can.

Many do. That is how you find people that are 10 years or more AF. They simply do not let their brain and their head win. You can beat this. You really can. :l

Love,
      Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

15 months ....but...

Heavenly - I am only at the 6 1/2 month mark - but I have a great friend and mentor who has helped me to keep focusing on the future of being AF --- He has warned me of these "HOT ZONES" to watch out for after going AF ...

5 days
        90 days
        6 monts
        8 months
        15 months
        2 year
        7 year

He said it is common for those who have stopped drinking to crave a drink for ANY reason during these times. Odd - but I think it's wise advice to guard yourself during these cycles.

Also - I have a feeling that we are going to have to commit on an ongoing basis to be NON DRINKERS. It really is the beast talking to you. Smile and say NO - I am not going to drink poison. Just by telling that addictive voice NO - it will go away.

Praying for you today
        AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

15 months ....but...

I love what Thankful said, and I am not an AA advocate or anything like that...

Smile and say NO - I am not going to drink poison.
          For many of us, AL (read that alcoholc, Alice, POISON) is the "fix."

The rest is just dressing.

AL really does want you to rejoin his race.

Do not get "into the ring" with AL. He will win. Every freaking day.

Umm, Have you ever won? If so, you can mod, otherwise, you must abstain. Not making jokes here. Making true statements.

Love,
          Cindiv
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

15 months ....but...

Thanks...just signed back in ...feelin sorry for myself I think...am sipping the af lager (beer) ...it's good for me but just felt maybe 1 or 2 ...

I won't but sometimes it does hit me...first few weeks were hard...then around special occasions where those who didn't have a problem were drinking.... took kudzu...

I am actually in an 'ok' situation at the moment so I don't know why it has just hit me....

Thanks all.....xx
            Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

15 months ....but...

Completely understand.

Never knew of the days of danger. Interesting, because at around day 5, I succumb.

Don't be fooled by that one or two is alright voice. That is how I started. Feeling much better, back to Kick Boxing, looking clear and it is now my days off..................

Rest is predictable.

Take Good Care of Yourself.
              :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

15 months ....but...

hi heaven thts neat i was where u are 22 years ago,im at almost nine months and still think of it,you could end up like i did , end up in a sanitarium,ive been as long as 2 years b4, your almost there giv or take a few days,ive found its not the time u have in,its how u deal with it,when i quitt b4 and that was many times ,never had a problem stoppin,couldnt stay stopped nor did i want to,ive also been thro AA and its good for som but still not enuf for me,i dont beleive bill got the hole concept,he did work on it till he died,but odd enuff b4 he died he asked for a drink,beleive tht 40 plus years, longer thn he drank he asked for a drink on his death bed,ive never done a lot of readin b4 i was in the sanitarium,but i do now,if u get the urge come here,send me a message send anyone a message,i hope im not preachin but i come here because i mt be able to help som 1 make it thro one more A F DAY GYCO

Comment

15 months ....but...

Heavenly,

Thanks for posting this. Sometimes I don't think abstainers share their difficult times enough - afraid of scaring of the newbies or something. Some people slip and others tough it out alone. Though I haven't been AF nearly as long as you - congrats btw- I understand where you are coming from.

I have been AF for 5 1/2 months and it did hit me out of the blue today that maybe I've done this AF thing long enough. I recognize that this is just the dumb part of my brain talking but still...

Liv, thanks for the info on the hot zones. Looks like I'm already in 6 month zone.
                  Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

15 months ....but...

hi heavenly i am i will be 9 months sober next sunday and to tell you the truth i have no need for al
                    and if i did i know what would happen all over again and i know the outcome not good and i know it .. so i would say no.. dont do it.. its not worth it ..i would rather drink my tea any day after a long hard days work ..yeah it hard at times but you have to take the good with the bad ..and just enjoy how you feel now ..and remember one leades to 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 ..
                    peace , love and god bless
                    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

15 months ....but...

Hi there Heavenly

I've been AF longer than you have now and I know EXACTLY what you are feeling. I think I have written about it at least once right here on Long Term Abs. All I can say is you MUST not give in. You must hang in there and not drink. PM me, I'll send you my phone number.

You can go along for weeks and months and feel great and know you'll never even want to drink again and then suddenly SLAM, it can just hits you out of nowhere. And it's tougher to say No because you think you've got this thing licked by now so it won't hurt to have just one or two. It can be so deceptive and so seductive. I know. I still have these times from time to time myself although they do become less frequent and less severe with time. But I don't think they ever go away totally.

You've been this strong and this noble for this long. Stand up really straight, look at yourself at the mirror and see how lovely you look after so many sober months. See how proud you are of yourself. And swear to yourself that you won't let anything take that away.

You're strong. You can get through this. It won't last too long - maybe a few days at the most. But you'll feel so great after you beat it.

Love to you,
                      Mags
                      Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

15 months ....but...

Heavenly, don't do it. You don't really need it. I have only been 40 days AF today but I am petrified of that one drink as I know where it will lead me.
                        You have done so well for you and you have my respect.
                        Hugs
                        Lori
                        *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

15 months ....but...

Hi, thought I would check in...even though some people (my relatives ) don't like me to....found a website that kind of explains a bit why I want to have another drink ...

Relapse Prevention- Dangerous Symptoms and Signs of Drug and Alcohol Addiction Relapse Warning List

I hope this links to it...well, have been having a LOT of stress and being monitored (unwanted) of my general behaviour not even drinking behaviour so...very stressed....

will go hibernate soon...

Thanks for support
                          Heavenly
                          Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

15 months ....but...

yo heaven my turn to party dont even no what id drink but i use to drink almost nything,bon fire tont everyone but me wlldrink,its been lk tht for 8 months i dont no what to do but come here AND BS MY WAY TO HAV 1 HAHAHA IT WOOD BE MORE THN THT STAY TUNED FOR LATR GYCO

Comment

15 months ....but...

Oh my! Had me worried there for a minute! Whew! Wow! 15 mos. that is awsome! If I had one drink it would soon become one pint, black outs, etc. No way! I can't drink! This too shall pass!

Hugs, Best
                              "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Working...
                              X