In Defense of Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Defense of Food

Reading "In Defense of Food" An eater's manifesto by Michael Pollan who is also the author of "The Omnivore's dilemma".

This is a GREAT book! Now that I'm no longer consuming all of my daily calories in Alcohol, I am finding myself wanting to eat better, but have been suspect of most books. This book shows me why I should be! It's a great book, a little deep sometimes, but the point is easy to put into action.

Happy summer reading!
    AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

In Defense of Food

My husband saw him interviewed on Nightline and got me the book from the library. He hogged it the whole time and so now I need to renew it. I am such a believer in eating whole unprocessed foods that it shocks me I have had such an unhealthy drinking addiction.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

In Defense of Food

LOL - The best shape I ever have been in was when I SMOKED!!! :H

Maybe we think were counter balancing!!

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

In Defense of Food

Michael Pollan is my Number One Hero. Omnivore's Dilemma is my all-time favorite book. I'm working on the new one now.

He also did an excellent column in the NY Times awhile back called "Unhappy Meals".
        FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

In Defense of Food

he also wrote Botany of Desire.......really good
          -maybe, is the new maybe-

Comment

In Defense of Food

I'm going to get his other books - I am done with in defense of food - I HIGHLY recommend this book!!

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

In Defense of Food

very interesting. thanks for the heads up. just saw this on youtube:

[ame= ]YouTube - Authors@Google: Michael Pollan[/ame]
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

In Defense of Food

Thanks D for posting this. I am watching and listening to it now. May have to put it on my ipod to relistened to when on a plane. Good info.

Comment

In Defense of Food

LOVED this book - I try to read about good eating and eat well, but this really cleared up a lot of conflicting info. It spurred me to also read An Omnivore's Dilemma (excellent), and I enjoyed The "Botany of Desire" a couple of years ago.
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

In Defense of Food

D- I have been listening to every youtube on Michael Pollan I can find. Very good stuff!

Comment

In Defense of Food

Youtube freaking rocks!
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

In Defense of Food

funny i came across your thread,almost like it popped out at me,theres an old saying,everone has there opinion,you are what you eat is an old one,you act like your drunk,i like you had a gift for years but never used it,READING,i for years wondered what was wrong with me,i was in a sanitarium this march,it was a good thing in ways,but i didnt belong,but i did lern in 30 glorious days,we are what we drink,over acheivers,we like MORE, WHEN WE TAKE TO MUCH WE EVENTUALLY PAY THE PRICE ,THNX LIVING FOR THE ADVICE,KEEP THREADING AND KEEP READING GYCO

Comment

Working...
                        X