Tits Tofu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tits Tofu

This is just so good! I usually freeze my tofu to change the texture to be more meaty but this was so good not being frozen.

Take one block of extra firm tofu and squeeze gently to get most of the moisture out. I actually put it on a plate with another plate on top and then a heavy can of tomatoes on top of that plate to squeeze more water out. Slice lengthwise into 6-8 slices.

Mix together sweet chili garlic sauce (found in the Asian section of the store) and a little bit of soy to taste. Add tofu. I marinated it overnight.

Now the key to this is when you are ready to cook you must take the slices of tofu out and dredge in cornstarch (thanks for the tip MyOwnWoman) and then pan fry in whatever oil you like to use, turning once. Not much oil is needed really. It comes out so crispy and is so well flavored it is unreal. Enjoy!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Tits Tofu

I plan on making this tonight and I'm counting on it to be out of this world.

Comment

Tits Tofu

And if it's not???

Comment

Tits Tofu

I just ordered an electric wok from the home shopping and am going to try this asap. My flat burners on my electric stove suck for use with a regular wok and this one comes with a cover that you can see thru and also can turn down to keep the food warm in it.

Sammys

Comment

Tits Tofu

I forgot to mention I also added a little bit of sesame oil to the marinade.

Comment

Tits Tofu

This sounds delicious. What do you serve it with?

I was lookingfor new appetizer recipes and found some tasty ones in Martha Stewart's July web page.
            Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Tits Tofu

I actually served it with Chinese Cabbage Salad on top so it had a cool, light flavor. It was awesome.

Comment

Tits Tofu

If it's not out of this world I'll beat you up.
                And dammit! Now you tell me about the sesame oil. Let me go dump some of that in the marinade.

Comment

Tits Tofu

And you are supposed to marinade it longer than five minutes SoMo. Tofu needs time to soak up stuff. So bite me if it is not tits.

Comment

Tits Tofu

I dredged this in your precious cornstarch and oil and my goodness.. I will give you tits.
                    I only did half of it because even I, Somo, knows to marinate it more than 5 minutes. I just had to taste it. I'm marinating the other half for tomorrow. So good, so good.

Comment

Tits Tofu

This does sound good. I guess I will have to buy corn starch for the first time in my life. What if I don't use corn starch?

And lushy- it would be most helpful if you posted all ingredients in the original post!

EDIT: I think it is quite funny that our avatars are so similar!

Comment

Tits Tofu

I will take all the credit for this most wonderful recipe. Love ~~ MOW
                        dare only to dream it
                        if only you dare to
                        live it

Comment

Tits Tofu

OMG!
                          MOW is in the house!

Comment

Working...
                          X