My First Sober Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First Sober Year

I don't post too often, but I just wanted to share that I got my first sober year, and the nice thing about it is I didn't realise it had passed until I read my diary, and noticed that it was actually a few days ago. I guess I just stopped counting.

Anyway - I just wanted to share this - not because I want praise or anything like that - but maybe to offer some hope to someone struggling out there. Just a little over a year ago, I can remember being on my knees, vomiting blood, and weeping with the shame of a life in total tailspin. Now, I still have problems like everyone else, but I feel like I can tackle them with a clear head and finally put my life back together in a genuine way. I also don't look like I'm going to die any second, which helps.

What I'm trying to say is - if I can do it - in the frankly hideous state I was in, anyone can.

Peace all,

ZM

My First Sober Year

Zen,
    I just saw your post and wanted to let you know that you deserve a huge round of applause for your wonderful achievement. One year of sobriety makes you a

SOLAR ORBITER

:wave::wave::wave:

KEEP ON KEEPING ON

HUGS
    LORI
    *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

My First Sober Year

THAT is so very inspirational.
      Thank you so much for sharing and WELL DONE!!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

My First Sober Year

I commend you for all the hard work you`ve put in to get that first sober year under your belt. Sorry if that sounds like praise, but, after all..........you`ve earned it.

Congrats to you.

Darling x
        Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

My First Sober Year

Praise...you deserve it. Awesome job.

But I have to say that your message is also awesome. Sometimes people come here and read about those who are succeeding and think, "I will never be able to do that" or "they must not have been as bad as me". Reading a message like yours is truly inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

Oh and did I mention...Awesome job.

Comment

My First Sober Year

congratulayios

Comment

My First Sober Year

see i cant spell aftr nine months mayb aftr a year hahahha

Comment

My First Sober Year

ZenMetal,

You do deserve praise and congratulations!! Yahoo. I am so glad you said you don't think about it much anymore, either. That is a relief to hear.

Thank you for posting your inspirational post.

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

My First Sober Year

Zen Metal...something to be very proud of. Thank you so much for sharing. It gives the rest of us hope.

R2C
                  Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
                  :h

Comment

My First Sober Year

Wow! Thank you, all , for the kind responses!

Hope, I think, is the key thing, and I'm very much aware that just one drink could undo everything. My wish for everyone here, is to never lose hope.

Thanks again for the responses - you've brought a tear to my eye, in the nicest possible way!

Peace,

ZM

Comment

My First Sober Year

Many congratulations on a year of sobriety Zen.

Maybe you should write a book entitled "Zen and the art of.....STAYING SOBER!!"

Again.. well done mate and here's to many more years.

Love and Happiness
                      Hippie
                      xx
                      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

My First Sober Year

hey.. thanks for posting. i imagined myself counting the weeks for the rest of my life so i would remember not to take that first drink. i read somewhere that stopping drinking is like any other habit.. .u just have to develop it! thanks for confirming it is possible. ah.... lovely!

Comment

My First Sober Year

ZM

Your story and your humility about it brings tears to my eyes. I know what sheer guts and resolve it must have taken and lots and lots and lots of hope. And now look where you are - a SOLAR ORBITER!!! I am so happy for you - just so happy for you. And I hope you are extrememly proud of yourself.

Many huge Magsie hugs being sent your way.........
                          Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

My First Sober Year

ZenMetal,

Congratulations are defintely in order :greatjob2: !! You must be feeling so awesome physically and mentally.

This is exactly what we need......hope and inspiration. Thank you for sharing.
                            Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

My First Sober Year

WELL DONE

I admire you not even counting after a few months too.....
                              ?We are one another's angels?
                              Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Working...
                              X