Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About Time Too is 1000 DAYS

One of original forum members, "About Time Too", or Brigid is
    now 1000 days without a single drop of alcohol.

I am inspired, and awed, and very much proud of her accomplishment.

Neil

That's great news!! Awesome acheievement, and a real insipration. Well done to Brigid

Thanks for letting us know, Neil

Comment

Brigid

Congratulations!! This really is a inspiration to those of us who have just started our journey. Some days we read posts and see people slipping and wonder can this really be done. Then we read a post like this and see that this program does work and it can be done. Thank you for being here and leading the way into sobreity.

I am so truly happy for you.

Comment

Brigid,

1000 days without a single drop of alcohol!!! That truly is amazing!!

What an inspiration.

Neil, Thank you for letting us know.

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

awesome job..
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

:wow3: You give me Hope. Congratulations!!!
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Good on you, brigid!!!!! From our chats, I know you`ve worked so damned hard, surpassing "merely" becoming sober, just as neil has done. You have both drawn on steely determination to stay the course.......I have enormous respect and admiration for you both.

I`m almost a year sober now, and realise that very little of my life has changed in this first year of sobriety. I`ve recently taken to bypassing the romantic fiction section in the local library (LMAO).......it`s the life-coaching books I head for these days. I want more out of sobriety than "just" sobriety.......I want to keep following your shining example. I now believe that "anything is possible" if sober and committed to becoming all we can be.

My hat is off to both yourself and neil.

Darling (Star) xx
              Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

HIP! HIP! HURRAY!
                "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

I have tons of respect and appreciation for you Bridgid...very well done!
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Brigid - I really hope you check in to read all these wonderful acknowledgements of your great achievement.

You're a star.

Comment

Thanks Neil and everyone.

Yip, still here on my sober journey - not a drop. Sure, I"ve thought about it sometimes, but not a drop. Its a serious thing for me this journey no laughing matter. Hardest and toughest thing I"ve done. My mum tells me I"m stubborn and I'm stubbornly doing this my way.. all the way. Its the only way for me to be.. perhaps a bit 'terse'.. I"m not sure, but it has worked for me thus far. I"m so determined not to slip.. so determined. I dont want to be someone who can talk about it with clarity and not DO it.. I want to be alive.. I want to be at peace. It will be my life's work, for sure.

Darling/Star, nearly a year. That is so great. It feels like so few get that far it feels sometimes but it is possible. I found when I thought everyone couldnt make it that the website women for sobriety was good cos people on there post a lot after many years of sobriety. I never posted on that site but it did help me too. This site seems more for the beginners and thats fine but with a bit of time under my belt and losing touch with this site it makes it harder to either keep up or abreast of what goes on here anymore for me. And to think I used to know EVERY post on the site.

You know, I"ll never as long as I live forget my first week sober. Never. I'll never fool myself that it was easy or I could do it again. I"m over fooling myself.

I actually think there are many paths to happiness. It can be God.. crystals.. it can be essences.. it can be craniosacral therapy. What matters to me is intention and application. So, its my intention to heal myself. To do that I have to be sober. Its my intention to be healthy so I apply myself to my health.

To those of me that dont know me I did not do RJ's program, but mine is similar.. so my program was
                      honesty
                      luck
                      cold turkey sober
                      no meds
                      organic diet
                      meditation
                      exercise exercise and sweat
                      determination
                      oh.. and more honesty
                      counselling and personal growth
                      search for meaning

Tawny.. g'day. hows it going?

Thanks everyone for your kind words... and Neil.. you are next.
                      Brigid

Comment

WELL DONE...I like your style...

and me too followed a very similar plan to yours (and still am of course) ...

WOW YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION ...
                        ?We are one another's angels?
                        Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Congratulations!!!

Hi all!
                          It's been a long time since last I posted. I come to read now and again. Usually to catch Neil's 100 day counts and the solar orbiters. Love that!!
                          Anyway, I'm an olllllldddd timer along with Brigid. Through fate, fortune, luck, coincidence what have you, she and I bumped into each other on this site at about the same time. She's about a week farther along than I, but we really started our sober journey together. We connected on so many levels and I finally knew that it was time. No more denial, no more moderation nonsense (sorry monthly mods), no more lies, lies, lies. Alcohol is a poison and it was ruining my life, loves and relationships. Dare I say, it was ruining my soul. It's not that way for everyone, though. Some can handle moderation and I envy that brain chemistry. Not I, and I take responsibility only for my brain cells

Anyway, it's amazing to me to remember the day I came to this site. I have a flashbulb memory of laying on my couch in my living room, sobbing. I came to this site and immediately had hope. I read stories from people who sounded just like me. I knew I wasn't alone. And then I met Brigid. I knew I wouldn't be walking alone. I had an alternative to treatment, rehab, AA, etc. In my small community and as a professional member of that community, those approaches simply weren't available. I'm also an extremely private person, who at the time, didn't have the confidence to publicly admit my problem. You know what? I still really don't. My immediate family are the only ones I've shared this with and I still have trouble wrapping my arms around them knowing.
                          Brigid and I have had many a conversation about, "should I tell?"

I'm screaming up on 3 years and I still feel insecure about the labels. Alcohol is not an option anymore, nor is it much of a thought these days. I have inklings (is that a good word?) now and again of "wonder if I could just have 1," or "a glass of wine would alleviate this stress." But I go right back to that couch and the thought is extinguished.
                          I'm focusing now on assuring that I don't forget that couch. I've read that sober alcoholics plan to drink long before they actually do, so when I start planning I hit my support resources hard. This site, my husband, my sister, Brigid.

I, like Brigid do have some strategies that worked for me. I modified RJs program, but absolutely will stand behind the philosophy of holistic healing. Just removing alcohol is not going to solve everything and in most (all?) cases, it opens up thoughts and feelings that were so long anesthetized and you have to deal with 'em!

My program was, and continues to be a Mind/Body approach:
                          Mind--
                          DETERMINATION. Set the goal and DO IT! It is hard. The hardest thing I've ever done in my life! (and I've done a lot of difficult things!)
                          Honesty- stop lying to yourself first, and then it will be easy to be honest with others, later
                          Meditation-- I tried the MWO CD. It's OK, but I prefer simple relaxation CDs
                          Books-- read anything you can get your hands on, but don't obsess on self help. Read the paperback romances and enjoy!
                          Body--
                          I don't do meds, but I never skip on the vitamins. Never, not one day. I'm a proponent of All-One, but I hated the taste, so now I do liquid vitamins in a protein shake every morn
                          Exercise, exercise, exercise

And always have hope in your heart. It strengthens your determination and is a lifeline to make sobriety possible.

Congratulations my dear friend, Brigid and I wish success for all who come to this site. Thanks also, Neil for letting me peek-a-boo on your words of wisdom. You're amazing.

Take care,
                          Kel

Comment

Brigid - well, done, brilliant, fabulous and all the 'hype-y' words.....! But also a deep warm smile from the heart to you for your journey. Thank you.

And to Neil and Kel too.....

Honesty, yes, honesty.....then there is the path...! Walking it every second takes courage - good on you!

Blessings
                            FMS xx
                            :heart: c: :heart:
                            "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Brigid- you are a fine example to follow. 1000 days AF, wonderful.

July

Comment

Working...
                              X