party possibly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

party possibly

lol ive come this far,big get together tonite ,lot of drinkin,just reply,your knowledge is always xcepted,wish me luck,it will only be the nite if i let it thanx all gyco

party possibly

Gyco I'm sure you'll do just fine! Maybe it would be helpful to give yourself permission, in advance, to leave early if/when you get uncomfortable... meantime it's always good to adopt an observer stance, watching the different ways that people handle their alcohol... or not.

wip

Comment

party possibly

Hey Gyco - I remember my first big party after giving up - and like A Work In Progress says - try taking an "observer" stance - try treating it like a light-hearted scientific experiment - people watch! And imagine how GREAT you'll feel when you walk away at the end of the night, knowing that you didn't give in to temptation!

You'll be fine, I know you will

Have fun!

ZM

Comment

party possibly

Bring you own cooler of fav. AF drinks. arm yourself with supps. L-glut or whatever you have.

Don't let this party be a reason for getting off the wagon....it is just one night, let it be added to your AF string!

YOU CAN DO IT!
        workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

party possibly

Gyco, I faced by first big get together last weekend. My husband kept putting a drink in front of my face. I just kept thinking "wait 15 more minutes"...over and over until the evening was over and I didn't drink. I drank a ton of tea and coffee, but no booze. It was tough, but worth it! Best wishes to you, stay strong!
          You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

party possibly

ditto with all of de above and for me i have on problem going to party .. i know what i want and al isnt it .. and i find it so funny now how people act when they drink .. and watch how many times they say the same things time and time agian .. too funny .. but hey it just me ..good luck gyco
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

party possibly

I worried so much before my first party. Once an initial longing was over, drinking diet soda was fine. It was interesting watching people get more and more slopped up.

Make up your mind, Gyco, and you can do it!
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

party possibly

Gyco - how did it go for you?

Comment

Working...
                X