Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic games August 8th just like to know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well my sports was gymnast when i was young so i will be watching this....just like to know what other people on mwo what sports there into and what would they be watching? ....
    i also like watching skateboarding because my son is into it, but dont think they are in this olympic games i think they are in the year 2012.(vert skate) So i will be watching snowbroading love watching shaun white.
    my others are high board diving, swimming, running,trampoling and lots more!

Does anyone know what sports are on first?

love
    Teardrop.X
    family is everything to me

Teardrop, they started the pelimnary round in soccer ( football ) yesterday....I just caught the USA scores : Women's Norway 2, USA 0, The mens : USA 1, Japan 0. I beleive we'll be seeing a lot of swimming the next few days. IAD.
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi Teardrop and IAD!

I'm a fan of the Olympics - have always loved both summer and winter since I was a little kid watching on a small black and white TV and listening on the radio.

I am glued to the internet and TV for the next couple of weeks! Watching the Men's gymnastics preliminaries on a Russian feed right now...

Teardrop, if you are following gymnastics let me know what you think! The ladies should be a real show down US v. China and also I think Russia will challenge Romania for bronze - unless of course thiere is a BIG something or other to really shake things up!

DG
      Oly Junkie Getting a Fix
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Look at These Pictures!

Take a look at the incredible pictures at this website; here's one of them:

Comment

Well when I was in my teens and before Sonic Attack occurred via Hawkwind I used to play basketball for a county team. We trained at our local school which I was still attending called Mosslands. I was never starting five as I was too small but we did win the county championships and I do have a medal for it. I loved watching the American Basketball on TV too (NBA) and particularly the slam dunk contests. I was also an avid swimmer/diver and entered in many swimming galas when I was in the cub scouts/scouts. Breast stroke was my race and although we didn't dive off boards etc there was still some techniques involved to obtaining a perfect dive. I still like watching the diving events and I believe we have our youngest athlete in this event aged 14.

I think there are BMX races in these Olympics Tear!! But I also like the X Games too! much more up my 'street'!!

Love and Happiness
          Hippie
          xx
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

My biggest interest will be the gymnastics. My middle child is a competitive gymnast so she'll be watching along with me. She's also adopted from China! I will also watch swimming and the women's volleyball--love the spirit of those volleyball women...
            AF Since April 20, 2008
            4 Years!!!
            :lilheart:

Comment

thanks you 4 posting!!

i lost all my post but will post back!

Comment

Hi ian love watchin the football especially the world cup when your country is the wining or score a goal and well we al go out side and shout out of the top of our heads big time. . but i dont like when a march ends in penaltys because i do give me the shits.lol
                dogggirl... when i think about russian gymnast all i think about is Olga Kurbut when i was a kid she was the first person to do the backward somersault on the beam and on the A bar the backward filp .lol i did try this on my own but landed on my stomach in a lot of pain.lol But Rom i will always think of Nadia comaneci was the first person to get 10 out 10 in the olympic games. wow
                but china they are good they have the perfect body for gymnast maybe it could be the diet or rice...yeah USA are good as well cant wait to see the ladies 2morrrow. oh also the brit have come a long way i hope they will come home with a medel..
                hippie.... but hippie the street would never be in the olympic games but look forward to the BMX ... wow thanks this must be the first time in the olympic if im right:finger2:
                momof3 ..... all i can say is keep up the good work with your child .. just love it!!

Thank you every1 4 posting .x
                love

Teardrop.x

sorry but can some help me? ok i know?

Comment

:bump:

Hi everyone,

just thought i add some info.....

Doggygirl.....well the mens not seen but seen the highlights the chinese are fast and amazing. Not seen the women finals but will today but by what ive seen on the internet CHINA grap the Gold, US sliver,.....looks like the US open the door with the mistakes on beam and floor.. i do like yang yilin she is very good so is shawn johnson who is very solid also the little chinese girl He Kexin she fell of bars by rotated to much but OMG she does have some very difficult moves and still scored 16650, not sure how she did in the finals but will be watching today.

wow the swimming been watching also..michael phelp US is very outstanding and very fast. so far won 11 gold medals. UK, becky adlington(gold) and joanne jackson(bronze) in freestyle please with
                  The diving the chinese won but they do seem to be fast with anything to do with tumbling.

Hippie dont know if you did see the diving but Tom Daley looks youger than 14yrs(well he has another 4year to train to get the gold hopeful in 2012.

Talking about XGAMES im sure my son said that they dont do inline skating on the vert anymore because i think china or japan (brothers) keep on wining everytime so they stop it because it just got boring not sure how true this is.lol

I think so far the brits women have won more gold medals then the men. if im right!
                  Anyway Will be catching up watching the gymanstics today.
                  maybe post more tomorrow and bore you all to tears.

Take Care

Love
                  Teardrop.x

Comment

Did anyone see the mens 100 mtr final...OMG and WTF...Amazing...I doubt there will ever be another like it...He wasnt even that serious towards the end....He could of signed autographs before he finished.
                    I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                    One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

What do you all think of the Chinese gymnasts? Are they too young? What about other countries that cheat like that?
                      Is the IOC caving in to China?
                      I read that this has been happening since they set the age up to 16. I wonder how the other gymnasts all feel about that...

Lila

Comment

Working...
                      X