• Time
  • Show
Clear All

World's Best Granola

Melt peanut butter over very low heat.
    Add chocolate, stir until melted.
    Stir in salt.
    Put toasted ingredients in large bowl.
    Drizzle melted ingredients over, and stir until evenly coated.
    Cool, then store in large zip lock to preserve freshness. Vary quantities of ingredients to suit your taste.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

World's Best Granola

Hi Sunbeam,
    I have unsalted soy nuts that have been lying around for a while -- they weren't that good on their own. Now I have a use for them!

However, I may have to challenge you on "world's best granola" -- my fave is from www.epicurious.com -- Cranberry Almond Granola. Not exactly finger food w/o the peanut butter. but I just love it. I'll try to find the link, if your're interested!

Comment

World's Best Granola

Ewwww.....both sound yummy! I'd love the link to the Cranberry Granola. They are a favorite of mine!
      Happy to be AF Since 9.13.08

Comment

World's Best Granola

I am going to make this right now. I am so excited. My daughter will love it for breakfast on school mornings. Thanks for passing along!
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

World's Best Granola

1 2 many, You can make granola any way you like it. I think the chocolate pb coating is what makes this different. I also really like the sweet PB with the tart cranberries and the salt. I honestly don't know what you mean by "bits". If you leave out the oats, you would have more like what I would call trail mix, but it would also be good to eat. CS, think you should post that cran/almond recipe as "The World's Very Best Granola".
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

World's Best Granola

Sunbeam,

I am wondering if I could melt unsweetened chocolate and add stevia to taste. Ever try that?

I cannot eat much sugar at all, or I get deatlhy sick. So I would leave out the craisins/raisins (even natural sugar gets me) and do the rest.

Unsweetened chocolate should be okay, don't you think?

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

World's Best Granola

I have never tried stevia, but makes sense. Also, most peanut butter has sugar in it, so you would have to use the fresh kind. It is very thick, but it might work to thin it with peanut oil.

Comment

World's Best Granola

Okay I made this but think I did something wrong. It is very, very crumbly. Should it be more clumped together? Maybe I needed to add more peanut butter? Help!!!!
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

World's Best Granola

Yes, this is a looser granola. I just made some this morning trying to follow my recipe, instead of estimating like I usually do. I just cut back the chocolate to 2 oz., but I'm not convinced that there is such thing as too much chocolate. My store was also out of the toasted soy nuts, so mine today is actually "clumpier" than before (less dry stuff). More PB probably would make more clumps.

Comment

World's Best Granola

This sounds really yummy; I?ve never tried making granola with p-butter?.and you can?t miss with chocolate.
                    I bet you could sneak in some ground flax seed. I?m always trying to work that in the food the kids eat.

omw
                    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

World's Best Granola

World's "Very" Best Granola

Here is the link to the Cranberry-Almond Granola from Epicurious. (one of my favorite recipe websites, btw -- I love the reviews. I have reviewed this recipe on here.) Enjoy!

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...GRANOLA-108238

Comment

Working...
                      X