Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back at it again

Hi,

I thought I had kicked the habit after being almost alcohol(beer) free during the last 18 months. I only had a beer on special occasions. Now I find I am thinkin about it way too much and am drinking beer right now. even though I am not having much it terrifies me. So I am drinking only yukky beer so I don't wanna get stuck into it. but I am scared. I have always been very shy and sometimes I feel like I need to drink to get on with life and people especially the opposite sex. I wanna stay away from this crap.

love:new:

Back at it again

This is the first reply I've ever typed on here. Haven't even told my story yet. You can't discount the fact that you were AF for 18 months. What a great accomplishment! But it sounds as though we're very much alike in the fact that mods wouldn't work and just start the terrifying ride again. Start again without the yukky beer. I've bought non alcoholic beer and it's satisfying for the taste. Don't give up. Stay away from the crap!
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Back at it again

Welcome to you both heavenling and j-vo! ... if you do want to quit, look into the MWO program, set up your own plan, do a lot of reading and posting around here (there are several good beginners' threads!).

Things may be a bit slow around here over Labor Day weekend (USA), but do stick around and let everyone know who you are and how you are doing, OK?

wip

Comment

Back at it again

Thank you wip. I will do that. Actually, I was just going to try and post my story now, but don't know I'll finish it tonight. Hope there's a way to save a draft!
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Back at it again

Not sure that there is a way to save a draft on MWO, you can always write it on a word processor, then cut and paste!

wip

Comment

Back at it again

Thanx j-vo and wip.
            I have managed to stay away from beers since my post. Trying to concentrate on other things and continuing on with my goal of becoming completely alcohol free.

Comment

Back at it again

Good for you, Heavenling! Are you putting together a plan to help you with your goal? Supplements, exercise, etc.?

wip

Comment

Back at it again

hi heaven,i no the feelin,it seems like it never ends,you either drink,or dont drink but think aboutit all the time,odd isnt it i quit smokin 30 years ago,stopped for 2 years,went back got to 3 decks again in a month,stopped again after a month and havent started again since,not even an inclanation,why is tht,but drinking,i like you dont get it i guess,i am havin some luck at modding cause i never had to do that b4,but i also am scared to return to where i was,even the dreams are starting,scared the shit out of wife last nt,thnk god nothing happened like b4,maybe i am just insane,i wonder somtimes gyco but thnx for the thread

Comment

Working...
                X