Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We Are Stronger

We Are Stronger Than The Beast

Remember that. It almost sounds funny coming from me who always struggles with the beast all the time. But I am stronger and you are stronger and remember that. At times, it does not feel that way, but it is true.

I think I am at the point where I can put my foot on him (with heavy shoes) and squash him like a bug. Maybe with flip flops. I think now I can squash him now with my thumb. Or my pinkie. Yucky Ucky. Good Stuff.

I know he reincarnates and comes back. Maybe bigger and nastier. Usually not. More like a fly or a gnat buzzing around my head annoying the hell out of me only sometimes. But I'm not scared of the yucky stuff any more. I'll squash him again. I don't care how big or little.

These days I see the Beast as an annoying bug that buzzes around me. Those little guys are hard to get with a fly swatter. They annoy the hell out of me. But I guess they are part of life.

I've lost the point of this post. It is more a hope than anything. But it is also a strong belief. We are stronger than the Beast. He is a bug.

I just realized this is the stupidest post I ever made. Oh well. I guess it is too personal. Sorry.
    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

We Are Stronger

Not stupid at all Mags. Just exactly what I needed! Thanks. I'm not feeling nearly as strong as you, but maybe I can draw a bit from your strength tonight. Sigh.

Comment

We Are Stronger

I thought it was a great post and am so proud of your determination to kick AL's butt!
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

We Are Stronger

Mags
        Great post and a great inspiration for those who are just starting out!!

Comment

We Are Stronger

it was great and i understood every word you were trying to say .. thank you stay strong and think positive
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

We Are Stronger

Mags;402029 wrote: We Are Stronger Than The Beast... I think I am at the point where I can put my foot on him (with heavy shoes) and squash him like a bug. Maybe with flip flops.... I'm not scared of the yucky stuff any more. I'll squash him again. I don't care how big or little.
            That's a keeper.

wip

Comment

We Are Stronger

Great post Mags. I don't visit the long term abbers very often - as I see it listed and feel like "I can't wait to earn that title" ! But every time I sneek in here - I am inspired and motivated to keep walking the AF life! You are an inspiration to me. It's a journey life is. Ours just happens to be an AF journey. We would still struggle if we weren't AF - we would just put other titles on it AND be depressed about drinking on top of it all! So here's to your life - :whee: enjoy the ride ... the screaming rollercostar is the best ride of all!

Love to you
              AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

We Are Stronger

MAGS .... Please keep posting ... You are speaking for all us long term abbers .... Thanks
                ?We are one another's angels?
                Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

We Are Stronger

I love turning the beast into a bug! I'm going to put on my flip flops and be ready to squash him too. I'm also going to buy a fly swatter to remind me that I have the power to squash that little sucker whenever he starts buzzing around my head.
                  AF Since April 20, 2008
                  4 Years!!!
                  :lilheart:

Comment

Working...
                  X