The Reason I Should Love Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to offend anyone..But it all started with me and it will end with me.. I
    know now what i am able to do now .When I ask myself a question i can think with
    a clear head without the fog of life dragging me down too much .. Yes it does
    drag me down at times but i can control it now .. I have grown so much and why
    its all because of one thing.. I change in my life yes I took it away, out of
    the picture and yet it still is always around me.. But the difference.. Do i let
    it control me or i control it ..
    I have learned that yes i have all the answers that i need within myself ..Not
    to sound vain..I don't mean it that way.. I mean when you really need to know a
    answer.. You can find it within yourself ..Its like when you say to yourself.. I
    really want to drink and you know deep within yourself you shouldn't ..I have
    learn to listen to that voice and realize the out come of what could happen and
    know what would happen..
    I look at myself now and I thank god for what happen to me.. For everyone to
    walk away from me and me trying to kill myself ..Because it has showed me the
    way to repair myself without the help of another .. But yes with help from god
    my higher power what ever you want to call him her it ..
    Things are changing in all good ways ..Yes life can get better but hey in time
    as they say ..I have my kids back and we are talking even more now .. and the
    things that are different with that.. Is I'm not trying to control what I
    cant control anymore ..I can only do my best to help it go right as best as it
    can
    and when I say it only takes willpower that's all it had taken me ..I didn't do
    any meds vit ..nothing I went Thur the pain of it all and to tell you the truth
    it was worth every bit of pain to get this far .. And if you think you cant do
    it ..Just keep on saying that and then one day you will wake up to what I did
    and that was nothing everything was gone or you can just get off your ass and do
    something about what you know you have is a problem with alcohol.. The time is
    now find the help you know you need and do this for yourself.. Make your life
    the best it can be and the problem you have with work family ect ect will get
    better in time just because you your doing your best with a clear head..

Know that is all up to you ..To make the change for yourself ..
    No one else..stay strogn and think positive
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Very powerful words. Yes, it all starts and ends with us. We are the only ones responsible for our actions. Sometimes we just have to suck it up and do what is right. Thanks for the post.
    Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

T
      This is a great post. It is so true. No one can do the hard work for you. We all look for the easy way out. Unfortunately, there is none. This is true in every aspect of our livies, not just with alcohol. Nothing worth achieving is easy, but the hard work will pay off. Thanks for the reminder!!

Comment

Is I'm not trying to control what I
        cant control anymore ..I can only do my best to help it go right as best as it
        can
        That really struck a chord with me Mr T. I think this is what I have always done in the past and now and only now after 45 years I am learning not to.
        Thank you for that post. I love to read stuff that is straight from the heart as that so clearly was.
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thank you for inspiration!
          "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Very poignant to me at the moment T ..... as you know .... gotta start thinking and putting me first with MY problems .... then and only then can I start thinking how to solve others around me ...

You are a good example to all of us ..how to stay off the booze and stay focused and happy...
            ?We are one another's angels?
            Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

i got to say today was great and to say i was around all the al i could have ever wanted .. but to tell you the truth.. had no interest in it what so ever.. that is how i feel today . had great food and good convo.. and i even notice one thing everyone around was talking to me and saying how proud they are of me for doing this for myself and even a few were saying that they might have to slow down as well .. it was nice just to be able to act like myself and enjoy everything around me without having to drink .. to enjoy life .. it does get better
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

hi T, you always have thts of wisdom, you said it in the last 2 sentences,its all up to YOU,but with our help you will suceed gyco love u kid

Comment

Hi T
                  The honesty in your posts is what I always find so helpful.Stopping drinking is not easy.No talking but action is required .You did what was required you STOPPED!Yes your words encourage us but it is your actions that speak the loudest.Through your living a sober life you show us we can to. Thank you
                  Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                  Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                  AF 5-16-08

Comment

Working...
                  X