Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The time has come for xtexan

Ok Neil,
    I know that today is your special day.. (I've kept tabs!!).

You know, 1000 days ago today there was this guy, Neil, who was in a particularly rough spot in life (now, how is THAT for understatement, Neil?) and somehow, from somewhere deep within him he decided to change his life. This guy drank like a fish and I reckon spent much of his life to that point trying to obliterate his brain. This guy is known to me by dots on a screen, but watching him transform and find that steely determination to do whatever it took to turn his life around has been something special to watch.

The nature of the journey changes over time, I reckon, and I think thats a good thing, cos if we had to live that first bit of getting sober over and over, that would be hard. So Neil, I'm damned proud of you.

Well well done.
    I hope this brings out a nice cheer squad for you.
    Brigid

Neil,

I want to be on your cheer leader squad!!

Your posts have always been helpful and hope inspired.

Your story is amazing and a study in how to make the journey with optimism and self-searching.

I often remember your post about going onto your back deck and use it for a visualization of how to just step back and enjoy the moment. Life is to be enjoyed, moment by moment.

Thank you for being here and sharing. It is a gift to us all.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Neil,

I too have found your posts and your journey extremely inspiring.
      Well done.
      1000 days - absolutely awesome.
      :applaud:
      Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Thanks Brigid, Cindi, and Amelia:

Still out here in the sober space, after all this time.

I'll post a 1000 day essay here in a bit. The last of my "100 day" series.

I remember when this day seemed impossible almost, but here it is.

One thing is for sure. I have changed right down to the core. There is no one to blame for that but myself at this point. It is always great to get encouragement, and support from others fighting the battle, but in the end, we have to make ourselves sober. It really is possible.

Strange, today does not feel so different, but maybe it just has not really sunk in yet. I read some past posts of mine, and then I know the change really has happened.

Still here, and better than ever. A lot of the pain is healed now.

Neil

Comment

Captain Neil

I'll always remember a year ago when you were captain of our 30 day race team.

I too love and admire you so much and am just so damned happy for you. You are one of the beacons that have always kept me going.

I can't wait until your next post. :l:l:l
          Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

you are one of the people whose posts are worth searching for.... you dont post just for the sake of it and when i first got here last year i read as you posted yr journey... some of those who think its ok to keep drinking and posting about how hard it is to stop should read your posts. good luck for the future ...
            ?We are one another's angels?
            Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Neil,

Congratulations! I have admired you from afar! You have been an inspiration... whose footsteps have led the way, making our journey a little easier. Thank you!
              "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

I only just now found this. Neil, what an epic journey! congratulations brother. Looking forward to your 1000+ day observations.
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Thanks for bumping this up...

What a great inspiration you are Neil....and Brigid.
                  The success of you both proves to me that , if you put your mind to it, it can be done.
                  Thank you

Comment

:rockon: Amazing!!! Congratulations!!!
                    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Neil,

I'm a little late in seeing this but I wanted to add my congratulations. You are one of those people here that many draw inspiration from.

July

Comment

Working...
                      X