Sobriety = Freedom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sobriety = Freedom

Today I was driving home from some errands when I noticed that a quite old, mentally disabled woman had fallen down on the sidewalk. I stopped & tried to help her up, but she was a large person & I couldn't move her. I ended up getting help for her.

What would I have done if I was under the influence or in a stinky hangover state?
    -Left her there on the sidewalk?
    -Anonymously called 911 from my car while speeding away?

I would have felt horrid if I had to do either of those things. Thank God, I was sober & able to help.

Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Sobriety = Freedom

Mary
    It was great that you were sober and that you are a caring person who wants to help others. Unfortunately there are too many people that would drive by even when sober just so they do not need to get involved. Thank you for being a sober, caring person!

Comment

Sobriety = Freedom

amen doesnt it feel so good to be able and willing to help those in need..
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Sobriety = Freedom

The simple act of being able to serve others is such a great reward.

Small selfless acts like you helping the disabled woman, or just a few simple words of kindness or reassurance make you such a special person. Mary, thanks for being a part of this group
        Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Sobriety = Freedom

There are countless times during a sober day when I try to imagine how different (& awful) it would be if I were drinking or drunk. Yesterday, w/that incident was one of those moments.
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Working...
          X