Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Sept 19

Good morning all,

Thanks again for all the unconditional support. Looks like it?s going to be a great weekend. Loads of plans with family and some healthy activities too. I have a lot of ?responsible adult? duties. So my weekend plan is in place.

After 5 weeks, I think yesterday was the worst as far as cravings etc. I needed to retrieve a kiddo from a sporting event late last night, what a saving grace. For all the stupid ass selfish things I?ve done while drinking?.driving drunk is not one of them.
    I am ashamed to say if were not for that fact, I probably would have been drunk by 9:00.

Stress is such a huge trigger for me. My stress must be magnified by pms, menopause or what ever is going on inside my bod. Wish I could put a sticky note on my forehead to remind me not to stress about life. I?m done whining now. :H

P-nut, I?m so glad you?ve joined us!!

omw
    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Friday Sept 19

On My Way, Stress is a huge trigger that has caused me to fail,over and over in the past..A new tool that is working for me is to feed my cravings GRAPES TONS OF GRAPES..it is working very well but I always keep Antabuse close by,just in case..
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Friday Sept 19

Evie, I had read what you'd written about grapes in another post....funny, I bought some yesterday (big red ones )and was chowing them down last night.:H

Some of the things I've done lately...my fam must think I'm nuts.
      Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Friday Sept 19

Stress is such a trigger for so many of us. I'm finding ways to alleviate it other than drinking. I'll certainly try the grapes method. Have a great day everyone. I'll check back later. Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Friday Sept 19

TGIF ABland!! off to save the world, just a quick howdy doody.
          I think stress relief can be summarized in the immortal words of Bart Simpson:
          don't have a cow man

be well my friends!
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Friday Sept 19

Good Morning! I am a little overwhelmed with these boards! Just trying to find where I fit in! I was on the AF Army thread, which is great, however I live in California and by the time I wake up it is already a gazillion pages long and I am reading for an hour just to catch up on everyone's posts. And I feel bad posting not knowing what's going on with the rest of the troops. This seems a little more managable and you are have the the same goal as I do...going AF.

I haven't touched a dropped since Monday morning when I finished what was left (a big swig) in my wine glass from the night before (gross I know). Thanks to some wise word here, something clicked in my brain where I just said I've got to stop this nonsense. I've been keeping myself busy with people and activities where in the past I have been isolating myself with a bottle. It has been not too bad. A few "craving attacks" that I've settled with L-Glut under the tongue.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better!

Comment

Friday Sept 19

TakeHeart: This is a great thread for motivation to stay AF. Please feel free to come & share. In fact, this whole 30 day AF forum is a mainstay for me. I like the idea that everyone is on the same page (goal-wise), & even if we're having struggles, there is no judgementalism. Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Friday Sept 19

TakeHeart, glad youre here. I agree with Mary, the whole abs forum is great.

Ahhhh the wisdom of Bart. very nice!!

Cowabunga man!!

Comment

Friday Sept 19

hi

I want to include myself in welcoming Take Heart......:welcome:........you are welcome here, this is a supportive thread and I enjoy the help of all who share here.

Looking forward to another AF weekend,

Love,:l:h

MA
                  :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Friday Sept 19

Hi Abbers. Just wanted to pop in for a quick hello. Welcome Take Heart! Hey - you are not alone in swigging up the previous days wine left in the glass. I will admit that I have swigged the leftovers from somebody else's glass before. You are in good company here. Isn't it refreshing to be able to be honest about the insanity we have lived with AL!!

Due to some events last weekend and throughout this week relative to dog training, it will not be held at our house for at least the next month - maybe ever. Our trainer will host - it's 2 hours each way but Mr. Doggy will go there. I am relieved in a way!! No more house full all day every Saturday. No more "after glow" party to survive. I'm looking forward to having tomorrow all to myself!! And funny - it's only now that it occurred to me that in the old days, I would have loved that alone time for drinking. LOL - for the last two days all I've been doing mentally is celebrating the cool stuff for ME that I'm going to do tomorrow!! Read my book! Shop in my closet!! Try a new recipe for low carb pumpkin bread!! Work on getting the camper ready for our first outing of the season! (yes, in October - how pathetic is that!)

Monday will be 4 months sober and I'm looking forward to it.

For all who are struggling today, I am thinking of you. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!! It's worth it. It DOES get better. I will also say that exercise has made a monumental difference for me this time around. (thank you Caysea!!!!) If you are struggling and daily exercise is not yet part of your program, I hope you will consider a search for something you like to do, and do it regularly. Well, off the soap box now!

Happy weekend everyone,

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Friday Sept 19

Late check in for me....
                      Takeheart just wanted to add my welcome and looking forward to hearing more from you.....When I decided to make the AF plunge, my start date was when the last of my bottle was gone...wasn't about to waste my good booze!!....DG, I too have finished off someone elses drink.....on more than one occasion!
                      Hope to check in with you all tomorrow....
                      sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Working...
                      X