Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did it!

Hi all!

Well last night was my first "night out" at some bars, with folks I sort of know and new friends.
    I did it! No booze. Not even tempted... honestly I cannot believe it myself. AND at one point a bartender make me a cranberry & OJ w/vodka. I DIDN'T TOUCH IT!
    I just thought "why go against all your efforts!"
    Everyone was drinking... I was so glad I wasn't. I was a little bored at a couple of points, but whatever. I needed to be out... saw so many people! There are so many new people on the island! Even saw an old boyfriend... he didn't even come to say hi. Not surprised.... that was a weird story.
    I had a good time and came home when I needed to ... a bit after 10. No one mentioned anything about me not drinking.
    I woke this morning grateful to have no hangover thinking 'thank god this really is a new life!"
    i was also thinking last night 'i really want to get to 90 days."
    i know i will need to continue to revise my goals to keep my resolve.
    i have another outing this morning and it is so good to have a clear head and not have the day filled w/a hangover.
    thank u to this site for finally getting me to this point.
    :l

did it!

Hey 1967. That is SO great to hear. Very proud of you!!
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

did it!

thank guys... one too many... is it cold in Ireland already?

it's only mid september! if so, that sucks...

Comment

did it!

I know you are proud of finding your way through a night out. I know I was aware of my first few nights out w/ friends and was surprised how few said anything. After a few more nights like that the bartender will be pouring you an AF drink on arrival. Most of my friends drink and now w/ a year plus AF it is certainly the status quo. Nobody says anything about it.

Keep at your goals of 90 days AF, you'll get them.

July

Comment

did it!

way to go 67 it is hard but you did great keep up the good work gyco

Comment

did it!

I think that is fantastic! VERY PROUD for you! I know what you mean about the bored moments.
            sigpic
            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

did it!

That is WONDERFUL!!! I am so happy for you! Hang onto those feelings, and bring them to mind later, when you do feel temptations; they will be a source of great strength for you!

wip

Comment

did it!

Well done, 1967! So proud of and happy for you! Keep up the great work - 90 days is just around the corner!
                You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

did it!

BIG SMILE GOING OUT YOUR WAY!!

feels great huh??
                  Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

did it!

cool

july232007;417094 wrote: 1967,

I know you are proud of finding your way through a night out. I know I was aware of my first few nights out w/ friends and was surprised how few said anything. After a few more nights like that the bartender will be pouring you an AF drink on arrival. Most of my friends drink and now w/ a year plus AF it is certainly the status quo. Nobody says anything about it.

Keep at your goals of 90 days AF, you'll get them.

July
                    thanks for ur observations.
                    gives me a bit more confidence to continue to try and go out.. socialize... i don't HAVE to drink, now do I? it isn't like there is a check point before they let you in!!

all good, all good!

Comment

did it!

1967: Great job! As far as being bored: I've felt that too when sober in drinking situations. It's better than being sick or incoherent. Sometimes the drinking people around us aren't making much sense. Sobriety just emphasizes that. Mary
                      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

did it!

1967, sometimes it is pretty darn amusing being the sober one at a bar situation. I?m more than happy to do it too.

Again, well done!!

omw
                        Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

did it!

Hi 1967
                          I do know how that feels.Like one of the biggest accomplishments in your life.I had that weird feeling the first time i wasn't drinking that it matters to others but they don't care and new people you meet won't even notice.Sometimes it is harder to not drink around old friends than new but this is all in our head. Great job Keep up the fight don't let your guard down
                          Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                          Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                          AF 5-16-08

Comment

did it!

plan to keep the guard up like a brick wall! hehee!
                            and yeah... about how kinda weird it is to watch people shit faced. i kept thinking 'oh my god do i do that???"! SHIT!!!
                            also funny to watch guys talking to drunk women... women get drunk so much faster. ease dropped a bit... really really kinda sorta fucking funny!!!!
                            this lady last night was slurring and talking nonsense and this dude was like 'yeah... um... uh huh...."
                            she was having trouble remaining up right until i moved so she could lean on the bar.
                            i'm not being critical... or 'look at me i'm so great" .... just giggling... in the nicest possible way of course!~

Comment

did it!

also funny to see these ladies all dressed up... high heels... having trouble balancing on them... and then finally get a look and man oh man.... they were not pretty at all!!!!!
                              like a tiny tiny bit a lot scary looking!!!
                              not symmetrical in the least!!

okay that was mean. i'm done now.

Comment

Working...
                              X