Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

alcohol is bigger killer than ciggies !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading the Psy-blog again I found this from 2005 - click on the link below for the news story.. it was a shock to me that the world governments have known all the facts and figures but nothing much is done...more awareness about cigarette smoking causing cancer & lung diseases than alcohol consumption and its effects, not only with health but car accidents, family breakdown and domestic violence etc. I truly thought that fags were a million times worse than booze !! Good job I have given up both then...now just need to give up food and I'm away .... !!

BBC NEWS | Health | Alcohol 'as harmful as smoking' PYSBLOG - UK- " I posted research giving a big clue about the causes of excessive alcohol consumption. Today I read that an international team of doctors has worked out that alcohol is a bigger killer than tobacco. What, the authors ask, can we do to stop binge drinking? '
    ?We are one another's angels?
    Sober since 29/04/2007

AL is a MURDER and a THIEF that destroys MIND,BODY and SPIRIT...Thanks for the great info..
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Heavenly, very interesting. its' so sad that they feel increased government regulation and taxes are needed to modify peoples habits. arg!
      the last line in the text was spot on. "we don't double the price of food to combat obesity".

well done on kicking both al and the cigs!
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Thanks Det (just the food now ! ha ha ) and Evielou...you are so right...

Heavenly
        ?We are one another's angels?
        Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Working...
        X